Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Hiro Nishio
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  18:15:19  Show Profile
I have just heard today that Hiro suffered a severe stroke about a month ago and that he is now out of intensive care.

Hiro is well known to many of us as he regularly comes to Silverstone and also attended our 40th Anniversary events in his beautifully restored PB Airline.He is a true enthusiast who has also raced his J2 special in Japan.

On behalf of the Triple-Register I wish Hero all the best.

George Eagle
Hon Sec
Triple-M Register.

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  18:41:47  Show Profile
Hiro is in an emergency hospital on Port Island Kobe. It is likely that he will be moved within the next couple of weeks to another hospital as the hospital he is in is for emergency cases only.

Fortunately, he was already in the emergency hopital for a gastro upset so he was operated on within three hours of his severe stroke.

My son, Stephen knows the family very well, having visited them on his trips to Japan. He will be writing to Hiro's wife, Yukiko tomorrow.

Hiro's condition is extremely serious and he will need all our prayers.

JOHN JAMES
Go to Top of Page

Berthold

Switzerland
51 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  14:22:11  Show Profile
Are ther any news about Hiro. His website is no longer online.
Berthold
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  09:47:23  Show Profile

The following is the latest news on Hiro's condition. This information came via Mike Card (T-Type owner)from a mutual friend of Mike's in Japan.

Mike is currently in Melbourne but plans to visit Hiro on 20th February.

Hopefully there will be further news of Hiro's progress.

JOHN JAMES

"Dear Mike,

It seems Hiro is coming to senses finally after fifty days in a deep coma.

He had displayed the first sign of the miracle earlier when he followed Rick's instructions and spelled H-I-R-O-M-G in Morse Code with a modified fllashlight. Since then, he has been moved to private Kyoritsu Rehabilitation Hospital in Nishinomiya and is receiving systematic rehabilitation trainings. He now communicate by writing on a white board or by spelling out letters with a finger. He still spends most of his time in bed and his vision is impaired but, the doctors say that the memory and the logic areas in Hiro's brain are not damaged and that their aim at present is to see Hiro WALK OUT the hospital in FIVE MONTHS.

All the Best,

Rick"

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  10:43:11  Show Profile
Hi John

Thanks very much for giving us an update, Hiro has certainly been through quite an ordeal and as such it is pleasing to note there is a chance of recovery.

Can you please ask Mike Card to pass on our best wishes to Hiro and his family.

George Eagle
Hon Sec
Triple-M Register

Edited by - George Eagle on 07/02/2011 10:44:57
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  23:07:21  Show Profile
Hello George,

I've passed on the message to Mike as requested.

When there is a further health bulletin I'll post it on the forum.

Regards,

JOHN
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2011 :  22:38:51  Show Profile
Latest news on Hiro's progress, just received from Mike Card, who visited on Sunday, is as follows:

"I visited Hiro yesterday at the Nishinomiya Rehabilitation Hospital near Kobe. I passed on the best wishes from George Eagle and the MMM Register to Hiro and his wife and daughter. His son was at home studying for university entrance exams. Hiro nodded his clear understanding of the message from his MMM friends.

He could respond to my words by nodding, or by writing on paper. His hearing and comprehension are very good, but his vision is still poor and he cannot yet speak. He has motor function in all four limbs and his neck, but the muscles are weak and so it is slow. He is undergoing daily physio-therapy for this and for recovering his speech function.

I’ll visit him again next weekend. (I am working in Kurashiki in the first three days of this week, and then in Tokyo on Thursday and Friday, but will return to Osaka on Saturday 19th morning in order to see Hiro on 19th and 20th before returning to UK next Monday 21st.)"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000