Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Silverstone 2011
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  15:16:23  Show Profile
As the racing will be on the Arena GP Circuit, does that mean that
the Triple Ms will be on the same grid as the T types and MGAs as per last year?

Happy New Year

Andrew H

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  23:56:28  Show Profile
Lets all hope that Silverstone Live has a little more to offer MMM race spectators this year ie its own race!!!!! Last year was extremely dull.

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  10:50:23  Show Profile
And hope that Club listens to the feedback forms.
I gave them a good whiping for hiding the MMM cars and not giving them a proper race.
But then again i saidly can't make it this year so enjoy it for me
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  14:20:08  Show Profile
Methinks nowadays the MGCC are rather more interested in £ than heritage, sadly. Please prove me wrong.

Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  11:02:44  Show Profile
I had hoped to get an entry for the race but I fear that as a novice in an unblown J2 that I'd be far too slow. I don't know if I could find my way round the GP circuit. 'Twould be embarassing to have to stop and ask for directions. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  11:59:05  Show Profile
Hardly a novice Andrew, not many of us have completed the Fox and Nichol VSCC headline event, and recieved a favourable mention in the race write up,
Enter the MGCC race we need all the entries we can,

Regards
David D
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  17:49:10  Show Profile
Andrew

Our Chairman Peter Green has been involved in duscussions with R Gammons and D Saunders about the Triple-M race for this year. It is likely the Triple-M cars will be racing with the T types and VSCC entries BUT the Register will have to source the VSCC entries as failure to get a full grid - 54 cars on the new Grand Prix circuit - will entail racing with the MGAs again.

As David has stated we need all the entries we can get, so your entry will be very welcome.

Happy New year.

George Eagle
Hon Sec
Triple-M Register
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  08:37:32  Show Profile
David,
thank you for the kind comments old bean.
I'm still undecided but I'll definitely be entering the sprint.
Go to Top of Page

PaulusPotter

Netherlands
202 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  13:54:22  Show Profile
All races for MGA's, T-types and Triple M's are nice but they should be run separately. If the costs is a problem I would skip the airplanes, they must cost a fortune. I guess most people are coming for the cars, if you want to see an airshow then there are better events. For the ones that are racing I wish you success!

Paul
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  17:44:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by PaulusPotter

All races for MGA's, T-types and Triple M's are nice but they should be run separately. If the costs is a problem I would skip the airplanes, they must cost a fortune. I guess most people are coming for the cars, if you want to see an airshow then there are better events. For the ones that are racing I wish you success!

Paul

Well said.
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2011 :  00:31:11  Show Profile
leave out those non MG arena stuff in the space that MGs used to occupy ......cant see what they have to do with MGCC cars...but am I too old fashoned to enjoy trick driving etc.......considering the numbers of T types and MGA that were made why to do few race compared to Triple Ms? and why put us behind the big tent with the rubbish bins?.....at least the Vintage Register had a good slot to park in.....see you at the Sprint with the Jolly Sailor in his J2.....
Foz fizzed out....
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2011 :  13:11:21  Show Profile
:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: