Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 A farewell
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MGB

Netherlands
114 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  19:42:58  Show Profile
A few months ago I joined this register because I was interested in buying a prewar MG. After some time looking and consulting the experts (thanks Thijs, Cathelijne and all others on this forum) I decided to buy a MG PA, (PA 1067) from a trader in Germany. Because of the bad weather, the snow, christmas and a skiholiday I was not able to pick up the car. So, I informed the seller that I would come this weekend to pick up the car.

Unfortunately and to my frustration I got an email from herr Strauss that he had sold the car to his brother. Herr Strauss refuses to answer my calls or my emails.

So I bid you farewell and wish you all the best and fun with your cars. Perhaps I'll see you again in the future.

Kind regards,
Maurice

sorry, English is not my native language

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  20:14:26  Show Profile
Hello Maurice

Sorry to hear you have been let down by the seller - he would appear to be a man who does not keep his promises.

There are other P types in the market, I do hope you will be able to find one which suits your requirements.

There is not much wrong with your English!

Best wishes George

Edited by - George Eagle on 22/01/2011 20:15:52
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  21:26:29  Show Profile
Sorry to hear.

I understand your mind is not set on buying an other MMM now.
Just give it some time and then start again.

Though i did go through the winter weather to pick up my D I can understand you did not.
I had 2 very long days driving and because it was for a good cause I did it but for anny other reason i would have stayed at home.

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  23:17:11  Show Profile
Hang in there Maurice, it will all be worth it.

Regards

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  04:11:04  Show Profile
Maurice, keep looking. I also believe things with MGs always seem to work out for the best. Years ago I rushed to buy a TC which was promised to be held for me . I offered to meet the seller and pay on the spot. He insisted that I come the next morning and assured me that the car was mine. I arrived the next morning, early, only to see someone just leaving his home, who bought the car minutes before I arrived. The seller said he was sorry.

About two months later I found another TC, for about the same money. It turned out to be in much better condition than the first one. By chance I met the buyer of the first car at a parts supplier, and heard his tale of wow over all the things that were wrong with his car.

Stay with it. The right MMM car will come along.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  10:28:30  Show Profile
Hi Maurice

I know how frustrating this must be. I had a similar experience a few years ago on a deal that was agreed. But as Mike L says another one will come along. It is similar to buying houses in the UK these things happen but something better ALWAYS COMES ALONG!!!! In my case the L1 Continental Coupe out of the blue. SO DO NOT GIVE UP!....... Good luck….. Terry A
Go to Top of Page

MGB

Netherlands
114 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  14:44:54  Show Profile
BIG, BIG SMILE!!!!
I am back, well actually I have not been away, but since yesterday J2556 is in our possesion. Yesterday we have made a trip to England and have picked up this fantactic car! We are very happy, I wonder if or when this big smile will go away.
Kind regards,
Maurice

Still looking for the perfect J2, PA, PB or K3
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  16:27:02  Show Profile

Congratulations Maurice,

J 2556. ALG 182 has an interesting listing in Mike Hawke's book, 75 Years of the J2 MG.
Plus a full page colour photo. It looks splendid.

No doubt you will thoroughly enjoy the car. As for how long the big smile lasts? I've heard it said the smile lasts as long as you own it!..................

Good Luck and well done.

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1044 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  16:49:03  Show Profile
Congratulations Maurice!

Nice to hear you have the twin of the Red J in your possesion.
I hope to see it soon.

Now you can update your signature again ;)

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  12:10:36  Show Profile
So, you lost the PA & ended up with a J2, that's good karma!.......(but I'm rather biased)

JH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000