Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Page Width
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  20:44:56  Show Profile
Occasionally pages of the forum come up too wide for the screen of my computer which makes reading a bit of a pain in the wotnot. The recent Rockers topic is a good example, page one is too wide and page two is normal. Do others have this problem or is it a quirk of my computer?

Maurice Blakey.

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  21:17:12  Show Profile
Hi Maurice
What you have discovered is one of the downsides of allowing pictures to be added to forum posts. When a picture is wider than the normal width set for threads (which actually varies according to the screen resolution you have) the whole frame increases in size so even text in responses now fills the whole frame which is wider than your screen. When the forum only has text the length of each line gets shorter as the width of the screen decreases.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  10:23:29  Show Profile
Thanks Nick.

Maurice,
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
873 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  13:21:37  Show Profile
Sorry Maurice,
I knew that the larger works-picture of the rocker will increase the whole page-frame in size.
Thats why I asked for excuse, but when I first tried it in smaller resolution it was useless, as none of the measurements were readable.
I know its far better to use only MEDIUM 500 or MEDIUM 640 !
But then however there is a facility on the screen, where its possible to zoom the page, which often is useful to study pictures in the forum.
Gerhard

Edited by - Gerhard Maier on 13/02/2011 16:27:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000