Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Bits and Pieces
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  11:45:17  Show Profile
Amongst my new pile of MG bits is this gearbox, apparently Armstrong Siddeley. I gather bellhousing and remote are available so that is mates with the MMM engine. Does anybody have experience of doing this and would they recommend it?

Then there is this speedo which is chronoometric, I think... I got this for my singer but then found a very nice rev counter with the same type of mechanism and stole the case for that. Did the later MMMs use these?

And finally the sump. Oh dear. I presume this is a throw-away job?

Cheers

P

Otto

Germany
63 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  13:56:15  Show Profile
Hi Peter,
IŽll send you an email.

Regards
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  14:38:44  Show Profile
Peter

You can make the Armstrong pre-selector fit to a MMM MG - however the unit you have there is for a Riley saloon, so it will need some further modification.

You will need a front and rear housing to suit a MMM car with the appropriate register plates to make them fit.
Also the rear housing and U/J coupling are for the Riley torque tube and you may need to have some machining done to make up a suitable coupling (but all of this stuff is available I think).
The gear ratios are not ideal for an MG sports car - the Riley had a much heavier construction so its gearing is quite wide spaced (again you can buy close ratio gears too).

The sump would be ideal for growing tomatos I think - tee hee!

Regards with a smile David
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000