Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Ronni Adams Rally Driver
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

William Cullen

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2012 :  13:48:57  Show Profile
Hi All

Just read a small book called From Craigantlet to Monte Carlo which documents the Rallies of Ronnie Adams who was the 1st Ulsterman to win the Monte he started his rally career in a 1930 L type Magna Coupe bought for him by his father on his twentieth birthday in 1936.
He used the Magna up until 1939 for rallies and hill climbs & sprints.
I have attached some photos of the Magna during this period, Ronnie continued Rallies after the war right up till 1963 and won the Monte in 1956.
Is CZ 4487 still on the register

Bill

Bill, I tidied up the two posts - Nick

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2012 :  17:42:55  Show Profile
Hi Bill

Very interesting pictures!

Unfortunately CZ4487 does not appear in the 2011 printed Register.

It is obvious the Coupe body was removed and replaced by the very spartan looking 2 seat body work. Another coupe destroyed!

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 20/01/2012 17:43:54
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2012 :  19:02:15  Show Profile
Destroyed? But maybe not.... If you squint, you can read the caption "with it's coupe body removed once again for the 1937...". This suggests that Ronnie Adams was pretty keen, & used both bodies as events (or normal road use) required pre-war. Although spartan, that's just what was required to keep the weight down & cheap too, with no compound curves - builders of more modern "period" specials take note! A fascinating car/driver combination, which like other cars that did their competition over in Ireland have remained largely under the radar over here in the mainstream. The chap seems to have been a bit of a local hero as well, in seeing off "the challenge of the official MG works team"!

Does the book have an ISBN William?

JH
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2012 :  19:25:14  Show Profile
Seem to remember this in Safety Fast! when I was Triple M scribe
Go to Top of Page

William Cullen

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2012 :  23:33:27  Show Profile
Hi

Does not have a ISBN but it was published by Peninsula Print & Design in Co Down e-mail address peninsulaprint@btinternet.com not sure if this current.

Having now fully read the book it seems he owned & raced a MGA in 1992
at around 80 years old.

Bill

Bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000