Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 OD4638
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fivestar

Philippines
33 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2012 :  07:32:17  Show Profile
The attached photo appears to be a Lester MG Special. I have looked at the Register but the Registration Niumber does not appear, is my assumption correct and does the car still exist?
rgds - 5*

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2012 :  09:29:26  Show Profile
Hi

This should be J 2749 and is on the register, number 2832.

Regards

Robin
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2012 :  10:14:57  Show Profile
Hello Michael,

J2749 is one of the most active and successful competition J2s ever, having been owned by the late Geoff Coles from about June 1939 through to September 1956. During Geoff's ownership he competed with the car at many sprints, hill-climbs and race meetings, often fitting in two events in a week-end, and over the years the car was progressively modified and fitted with a variety of different bodies, radiator cowls and engine modifications.

I believe that the car is currently on display in the Brooklands Museum.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

fivestar

Philippines
33 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2012 :  11:44:37  Show Profile
Many thanks, at least you've cleared up its not a Lester Special. Time I buy another MMM Register.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Allison

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  14:49:26  Show Profile
Hello folks:

During the 40's and 50's Geoff Coles fitted the car (J2749) with an NE body. However, the picture seems to show a much narrower car, and I suspect it may be a J3 (J 3755) which at the time was kept in the Portsmouth area. It was bought by Bob Dickie's father in the late 50's and is still (I think) owned by Bob, now residing in Bonnie Scotland. When I saw the car in the early sixties, it certainly still had a very narrow single seat body fitted. I believe Geoff drove this car a couple of times in return for getting it going properly. We started (Geoff and I) to do a piece for Safety Fast, but Geoff died while we were doing it.

Hope this adds to current knowledge.

Mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000