Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Some curious facts
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2012 :  12:01:16  Show Profile
On the radio this morning I heard something that made me quite curious, that being that the compulsary driving test was only introduced after my J2 was built.

Having almost been taken out, whilst enjoying my J2 in our beautiful spring weather yesterday, it made me wonder what difference it has made to driving standards in the UK.

So, as we bring our cars out of hibernation, some history on the attached link about the history of the driving test.

http://www.britannia-driving-school.co.uk/cpages.php?pageName=history_of_driving_test

My lesson yesterday is that just because the car in front car has direction indicators and mirrors on it, it doesn't mean that the driver is obliged to use them, it seems.

Enjoy your cars and be alert!

Look out for Classis Cars magazine May edition. I'm told that there is an 80th anniversary special on the J2.

All the best.

Robin

J2 J3666

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2012 :  19:26:32  Show Profile
Large numbers of the driving population, particularly, perhaps, in the south of England but also on motorways, seem to have abandoned signalling altogether.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2012 :  20:14:05  Show Profile
At least you cannot then fall into the fool's trap of pulling out in front of someone who is indicating left but continues straight on!.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2012 :  23:34:46  Show Profile
Here in Minnesota (USA) a local wag once remarked that all out-of-state vehicles should be stopped at the border and have their turn signals disconnected. The reason was that should one of them ever use their signals, it might confuse the natives.

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR

Edited by - LewPalmer on 27/03/2012 04:00:33
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2012 :  09:10:53  Show Profile
No need to modernise MMM cars with indicators in order to improve on hand-signals, then?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000