Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Live! 2012
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  20:36:08  Show Profile
Tom,

I expect you know that Tom Wilson is also around?

He's at The Star Inn (in Sulgrave)on Friday evening with Peter Cole and others. I'll send you an e-mail off-line.

Regards,

JOHN
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
232 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  20:42:00  Show Profile
Dear All. IF you want the trade to be in attendance, please put it back to 3 days as soon as you possibly can.
The price for 2 days is the same for us as it was for 3 days, but whilst that is not the issue, 'the effort' for what is really only 1.5 days now, is very questionable. I feel sorry for the overseas lads who spend the same to get here for half the time. Hope you still make it.
It is daunting to try and serve 2 people at once, now we have to try and serve 4 people at once....it doesn't work. We need time with customers and the Friday spread the load, people enjoyed it more, and business was properly conducted.
PLEASE don't all hit me at once on Saturday morning, try to spread it out a bit, and we'll do our best to see each of you get what you need. (A list to hand, or up front would seriosly help please.)

(Text deleted by acting moderator)

See you there, and I've a lot of really good gear for you,
Cheers, Barry Walker.

Edited by - DickMorbey on 22/05/2012 03:53:57
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
506 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2012 :  19:22:37  Show Profile
I agree with Barry - it's alotta messing around for a short period.

We are at the Hilton in Northampton this year and should arrive Friday afternoon. Is there anything at all going on at the track or do we just hang out at the exciting Hilton?? PLEASE, Where are the Go-Go dancers, Elizabeth??

I realise the reason for less time is the venue expense, but I'd certainly prefer to pay more and have 2 1/2 days. With racing (spectator), tracking down vendors & parts, and catching up with everybody, it really is allot to do in a short period.

tommm
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2012 :  23:35:50  Show Profile

Tom,

Will do my best to find you some dancers ...... any particular preference or are you not that fussy?????!!!!!!

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2012 :  10:15:19  Show Profile
Tom,

I read somewhere that there is some sort of "road run" finishing at the circuit on the Friday evening and entry to the circuit will be restricted to particiants in this, and of course to people holding camping permits but to no others. Sorry that I cannot be more specific. I have looked around at my paperwork, but have been unable to find details and as road-runs are only slightly more interesting to me than "glo car" competitions, I didn't pay much attention to the matter. Also, as the person who first mentioned the "go-go" dancers, I am sorry to tell you that I made it up. There aren't any. So you will have to wait to the Saturday when you will be able to mingle with the rest of us old wrinklies all talking about grease nipples and grommets.

Colin B.

Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
506 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2012 :  14:20:21  Show Profile
Oh. So go-go dancers is some wacko English code for Greasers and Grommets. In that case, Elizabeth, I AM fussy, and armed with that new information, I think I'll pass.

So, back to the dull Friday at the Hilton.... anything going on in the area??? There are so many pints to consume in so little time.

tommm on sunny Lake Erie
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2012 :  14:37:20  Show Profile
Hello Colin and everyone

To answer Colin's question, there is a whole load of information about MG Live! on the MG Live! website. See http://www.mglive.co.uk/ for details.

In particular, the Marque of Friendship Rally may be what Colin was alluding to. It may be just what ToMMM is looking for! It takes place on Friday June 22nd and is open to drivers who are members of the MG Car Club, the Morris Register or the Austin Healey Owners Club. Here are the details:

Start your MGLive! weekend with our Marque of Friendship scenic tour. This year’s event is being put together by rally organiser Bob Blackstock, founder of historic regularity rallying in Dorset in the early 90s. The route will be described by a standard tulip roadbook and is open to all models, old and new.

With a morning start from Silverstone the 100-mile route will pass through some delightful Cotswold countryside with an optional lunch stop at Stow-on-the-Wold before continuing to visit the Oxford Bus Museum and Morris Motors Exhibition near Witney. This small but fascinating museum is opening especially for us and is included in the rally entry fee of £32 per car.

For a shorter run there will be a 50-mile route starting in the early afternoon from Abingdon – open to any model of car but maybe we can muster 50 MGBs to celebrate their anniversary – joining the main run at the bus museum.

The final 30 miles will include some observation fun before reaching the finish at the Silverstone Racing Club, where the bar and food will be available and a continuation of the rally quiz before presentations are made in the evening. Haynes Publishing have kindly donated books for prizes.

Marshals will be needed on this event to help out at the two start venues with simple car parking and signing-on duties, so please volunteer to Bob on 01308 427021 or email blackstocks2000@aol.com and bag a free entry on the tail end of the rally – first come, first served.

Regs are available at http://www.mglive.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/mofrregs2012.pdf

The MG Live! website also contains details of the main event, other attractions, local B&B and hotel accomoodation and much more.

There is a Triple-M race, and when I last heard anything about this from the Club there were still plenty of available places.

PS
I should have added that if you look at http://www.mglive.co.uk/2012/03/30/overseas-news/ you will see:
The MG Car Club welcomes all our overseas colleagues to attend one of our MGLive! meet & greet Natters on the Friday evening (22nd June) and Saturday lunch time (23rd June).

The Friday Natter will take place at the Silverstone Racing Club. The Saturday Natter will take place in the Jimmy Brown suite.
Further information regarding times, how to get to the venues, and other details will be made available in due course.
Watch this space!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 23/05/2012 18:01:16
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  19:21:27  Show Profile
I'm "no" to all. I plan to be there on one day as I can't say that I feel a thrill of anticipation at the sight of 5000 or so MGB's (lovely cars as they are to own and use), and I get to use a modern MGTF every day (dents and all!)

Since many MMMers are going for one day - is there a consensus about which day is the best to meet up with as many MMMers as possible?

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  20:33:21  Show Profile
Barny

Looking through this thread, most MMMers seem to be going on the Saturday.

See you there, Peter
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  07:33:59  Show Profile
Dick . I have put in an entry , but have a couple of questions :
1. Will there be a dedicated part of the paddock for MMM and pre-war racers , and will it be policed ?
2. Baulking at the thought of hiring a transponder for £30 for the day , what would happen if I dont bother and practice without one ? Would I be put on the last row of the grid where I usually am ? !
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  07:46:57  Show Profile
Fred,

This is really a question for the Comps Section of the main MGCC to answer. I will forward your question to them and let you know the answer.

Regards
Dick
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  08:53:41  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Fred Boothby

Dick . I have put in an entry , but have a couple of questions :
1. Will there be a dedicated part of the paddock for MMM and pre-war racers , and will it be policed ?
2. Baulking at the thought of hiring a transponder for £30 for the day , what would happen if I dont bother and practice without one ? Would I be put on the last row of the grid where I usually am ? !

Fred, I have a spare 2012 calendar you are welcome to borrow if that would do instead?
Go to Top of Page

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  16:08:09  Show Profile
Dick

I regret that I am unable to make it this year but I think that both Janie and Tim will be competing - Dad and Mum will be there too I am sure.

Regards David
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  22:12:21  Show Profile
Fred

Here is part of a reply I have received from Steve Carr of MGCC Comps:

There will be an area of the paddock assigned to the MMM’s, however without employing most of the Northamptonshire constabulary, I cannot guarantee that somebody else won’t park there! If somebody wishes to volunteer to rope it off and police it they’d be very welcome!!

I'll enquire of fellow committee members whether we may be able to find people to police the area.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  23:03:10  Show Profile
Hi All,
if,like Fred B ,none of us hire transponders we can all be on the back row! Do we need times to a millionth of a second with our cars......finishing order would do. Our comp.sec. Mike L can pull names out of a hat for the handicap result.
Foz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000