Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Live! 2012
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  10:34:32  Show Profile
Hello Dick,

In answer to your enquiry, my response to 1 is yes - as has been the case for every year since about 1960. For questions 2, 3, 4, and 5 the answer is no.

The answer is also no to whether I shall be watching the air display, the motor cycle and push bike stunt riding, the how-not-to park show, the balloon blowing, the face painting, the go-go dancers and any other extraneous delights included in the price of the entry ticket. Well, I might find time to look at the go-go dancers.

Cheers, Colin.
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  12:50:06  Show Profile
Hi Dick

Yes to Q1
No to Q2, Q3, Q4 & Q5.
I agree with Colin on what's worth looking at (inc the dancers, bet theres a crowd!).
Terry
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  13:02:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Butchers

Hello Dick,

... the air display, the motor cycle and push bike stunt riding, the how-not-to park show, the balloon blowing, the face painting, the go-go dancers and any other extraneous delights included in the price of the entry ticket...

That'll be MGVile, then?

Victor
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
655 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  17:01:28  Show Profile
Yes to No.1 and no to all the others.
Like Colin, I will be steering clear of all the other "attractions".
But, son, daughter-in-law and young grandchildren will be there, also.
I don't expect the grandchidren to drool all over the K3's yet - but we DO need to keep the next [and next but one] generation interested. Hoping of course, that by beeing at Silverstone the MMM worm somehow gets into them.
We must interest the next generations in our cars - they are the future - at the moment we are an old mans club [sorry to the few who are well under retirement age or are ladies]. I can see Nick soon having to set up a new forum heading of obituaries!
Sorry to set this lengthy thread off another tangent.

Edited by - tonym on 15/05/2012 17:03:09
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6182 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  21:47:33  Show Profile
Dick,

No to all five questions but all being well we'll be there for Saturday to, as Brian says, meet and chat but hopefully I won't be needing to buy any bits! Although having said that, my newfound enthusiasm for tool kits could yet have me rummaging for that bargain Shelley spanner!

See y'all there

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 15/05/2012 22:10:06
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Taylor

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:20:27  Show Profile

Tony,

Funny you should say that but as a slightly younger Triple-M’er with a very young Triple-M daughter I too can now see the attraction of some non-car related activities. I must say that before Katherine came along I would have probably made a posting similar to the majority of other postings on this thread but actually last year taking Katherine to watch the bikes and see the funfare enabled her to take some time-out from the cars (eight hours looking at cars is a bit much for her at the moment!), plus hubby was able to spend more time in the paddock! Don’t get me wrong, given half a chance Katherine would spend the whole day playing in the Cream Cracker and she is already asking when are we going to Silverstone but these child friendly attractions, I believe, do have their place at an event like MG Live for those with families. The Silverstone Classic event in July is another example of this .... and they have a huge bouncy castle! ...... no go-go dancers though!

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  07:53:54  Show Profile
Just to tag onto Elizabeth's perspective. It would be nice to live in the shed, garage, autojumble, race track, my two seated car...but at some point a family came along!

Edited by - spitfire on 16/05/2012 07:57:35
Go to Top of Page

henderson

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  21:52:37  Show Profile
Hi Dick
1) Yes
2) No
3) No
4) Yes
5) Not sure.

Colin
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  13:25:45  Show Profile
Hello Dick,
No to all five questions but intend to be there on the Saturday.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  15:53:24  Show Profile
Dick

No to all five questions but might be there on the Saturday.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Alan Bertram

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  17:36:10  Show Profile
Hello Dick,

No to all five questions, but we intend to be at Silverstone on Saturday after overnighting at the Buckingham Travelodge using the non MMM MG !

Alan
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  11:52:12  Show Profile
'No' to all five questions - haven't been for the last two years - haven't missed it - doubt if I'll go again.
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  18:16:02  Show Profile
Another no to all 5 questions - but I do hope to be there on Saturday. For all its faults its still the place where you see more MMM cars and old friends in one day than on any other...

Graham

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  21:51:16  Show Profile
Sorry Dick, but no to all questions. See page 4!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
506 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  20:12:39  Show Profile
Hi Dick,

Len Star & I will be there Saturday and Sunday, the remaining questions are no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no.

Anything going on anyplace Friday? Long way to flap our wings for only two quick days.

tommm in sunny Ohio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000