Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Brake Light Switch on P type
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dan F

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  01:47:29  Show Profile
Work is progressing on my P type. It should be ready for it's initial road runs in the next few weeks. Until everything is sorted out, I intend on leaving the underbelly plate off. The problem is that the brake light switch connects to it. Has anyone dealt with this in the past and if so, how did you resolve it ?? I could make a bracket but looking for all ideas
Best
Dan

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  06:42:43  Show Profile
Dan, I bought a new switch and mounted it on the underside of the floor board. It is not seen and I have found that new items are much better than the ones they used! Goodness knows why the factory mounted it on the undertray, I could foresee problems when you wanted to remove the undertray! I think that some wiring went through the sides of the undertray, too. I have made the bottom of mine detachable to avoid the drama!
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  08:05:54  Show Profile
Dan, I believe others whose cars do not have an undertray have mounted the switch on a sprig of metal bolted to the bottom of the chassis rail.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  18:27:40  Show Profile
I have always mounted the brake light switch on a small bracket bolted to the chassis rail, I have always used existing holes - there has never been a need to drill any holes!

Floor boards/undertray can be removed without disturbing the switch.

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 04/05/2012 18:28:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000