Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J1 tool box
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6190 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2012 :  13:58:41  Show Profile
Could anyone provide a photograph of the J1 tool box installation? I'd like to fit such a box to my J2 but can't work out how it fits in relation to the cross braces.

LewPalmer

USA
3251 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2012 :  16:57:01  Show Profile
Simon,
I believe the cross braces need to be lowered in order to provide the vertical height necessary to fit the tool box. Although not on a J1, the photos of my tool box are attached. On my PB Airline Coupe, the cross braces attach to the firewall on the second bolt down.

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6190 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2012 :  18:35:24  Show Profile
Many thanks, Lew. Indeed the P type cross braces are set lower than on a J, but the ones on your airline don't seem to be cross braces as the brace that is visible runs from the firewall to the the same side of the body. And is the centre gutter recessed into the top of the tool box, or is it much much thinner than a J one?

Rgds,

Simon
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3251 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  01:50:53  Show Profile
Now that you mention it, I believe you are correct. All this time I was thinking there were cross braces. There are, however, flat metal strips which I put in underneath the tool box for extra support. Those are the silver metal braces, one of which you can just barely see. The traditional cross braces are changed to straight pieces running directly from scuttle face to firewall.

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6190 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2012 :  18:38:09  Show Profile
Thanks, again, Lew. Indeed I would have thought that some form of bracing underneath the tool box was a good idea rather than just having it bolted to the firewall, especially one that stretches almost the full width of the gap between firewall and body. From the factory photographs the one on the F type seems to be much deeper than the P type one and nowhere near as wide and so could easily be supported by just bolting them to the firewall as the photos show.

But I'd very much like to see how one was fitted in a J1 if there's a photo out there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000