Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Border Reivers Raid
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

treetops

Netherlands
284 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  13:10:48  Show Profile
We had a very pleasant time in Scotland. Beautiful landscape,warm weather and a well organised tour. Many thanks to Colin McLachlan and his team.

We have made photo's and placed them on our website.
There are also two links at the bottom of that page with photo's made by Karen Niven and Ian Lindley. You can also hear the pipes plaid at departure by clicking on the centre photo.
A tour we will long remember as a perfect Triple-M event.

Gerard van Putten and Jos Schreuders

http://www.mgmmm.com/events.htm

Oz34

United Kingdom
2573 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  19:37:42  Show Profile
I completely agree, with many thanks to Colin & the two Ians. In addition, as my car was not ready, I have to thank Mike Linward for puting up with my navigation for the weekend.

It was a great event & I look forward to being able to do others in my own PA in the not too distant future.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

leafrancis14

United Kingdom
323 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  21:47:04  Show Profile
We had a wonderful time. Thankyou to all who organised it so brilliantly (including the weather). Really it was as good as it gets.

First the 50th anniversary, then the Reivers Raid. What a great time to have an MMM car!

Barny Creaser

(Wellingborough)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  21:59:54  Show Profile
And watch this space for confirmed news of the 2013 main event!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

bigtony12461

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  22:17:43  Show Profile
Excellent event and thanks to all who organised, and particular to me, helped.
There's an anecdote to look out for titled "The two dogs and the Spitfire"...

Tony
NA0795
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  22:50:35  Show Profile
Wonderful roads, wonderful weather, wonderful scenery, wonderful "Marque of Friendship",
truly a superb weekend. Pity the car did not start out as it finished the event!!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1641 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2012 :  22:59:27  Show Profile
Dick, hopefully a more central location next year so those of us "southerners" too busy to travel the length of the country can attend.

TH
Go to Top of Page

ags

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  01:42:05  Show Profile
Hi all,

I can only echo all of those comments and add my thanks and congratulations to the organisers.

Unfortunately the PB disgraced herself and me by suffering a warped exhaust valve and four loose valve seat inserts on the Sunday. Life's pattern gets ever richer, and I get ever poorer!,

Thanks again,

Andrew Smith - MMM571
PB Abergavenny
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  10:57:58  Show Profile
It would be wonderful to have a report on the event for the Bulletin. Please let me know if you would like to volunteer. The deadline is about 15th July.
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
994 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  11:03:58  Show Profile
Andrew, sorry to hear about your head problems, which are much the same as what prevented Karen & Bill Niven from turning up in their PA. From our point of view it meant that they could dash round in their Porsche taking lots of lovely photos - see here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ni45xaga5d5zaac/G5Bg_u6oZ9/MGMMM%20Border%20Reivers

Was it an original cylinder head on your car? Are the pistons OK? Bill tells me that S&V have new heads in stock just now, and they will of course fit hardened valve seats. All you need is a big cheque book.

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
994 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  11:06:07  Show Profile
Bob, we have a "volunteer", who will shortly be reminded of your deadline ;-). Karen Niven has also volunteered to do a report for Safety Fast.

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  11:14:44  Show Profile
Many thanks Colin, that's excellent.
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
994 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  12:13:21  Show Profile
Just in case it wasn't clear on the Sunday night, the prizes awarded to Mike Linward for greatest distance travelled, and Peter Prosser for the car everyone would most like to take home (for his beautiful KN Pillarless Saloon), were kindly donated by Charlie Cartwright, who was unable to attend due to unfinished work on his J2. Many thanks, Charlie, and we hope to see you in attendance next time.

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  12:51:16  Show Profile
Terry

Surely the essence of these annual events is that they move around the UK, giving members the oportunity to drive challenging routes in areas they may not otherwise visit. Central locations are okay to a point but you will always end up in similar places. It was great to see so many Scottish members (and their cars) that have previously not been able to attend southern or centrally based events. Incidentally, it was pointed out on this event that the geographic centre of the UK is in fact in Scotland!

I say we should visit more (different) parts of this island, there are some great driving roads if we search them out

Many thanks to Colin, the two Ians and their helpers. They did the Register proud.

The other TH

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6187 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  13:06:58  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Hartley

Terry
I say we should visit more (different) parts of this island, there are some great driving roads if we search them out

There's more to the UK than 'this island', Terry
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
994 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  13:32:12  Show Profile
Are you volunteering, Simon?

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page