Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Tacho Cable
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2012 :  09:34:51  Show Profile
Has anyone a spare inner cable for a PA rev counter?

Mine has a broken off spade end although it is relatively new. I believe this was caused by the bush in the cam box being by out of alignment with the camshaft. I am thinking of boring out the bush to give more clearance but would appreciate any advice on this topic.

Bob Richards

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2012 :  10:02:02  Show Profile
Has it broken or just come loose inside the flat end piece? I had a couple go like this - I put the original (well, old) one back in and its fine, if a bit noisy...

Graham

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 27/06/2012 10:02:39
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2012 :  11:12:55  Show Profile
Thanks for the suggestion Graham but the cable is definitely broken where the spade end joins the flexible part. (It did come dislocated at first but next time it snapped!)
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2012 :  11:35:14  Show Profile
You're welcome. Re your original suspicions, my latest rocker box gasket seems a lot thicker than my previous one, hence making lining up cable with camshaft tricky - or perhaps my old one was somewhat flattened by use and age!

Graham

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 27/06/2012 11:35:34
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2012 :  10:14:13  Show Profile
Bob,

Probably worth talking to Mike or Jamie at S & V. They might be able to repair your existing cable (or supply a nice shiny new one !)

Also try Speedograph-Richfield, who probably make all the new ones, anyway. Google Speedograph-Richfield for details.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2012 :  14:16:29  Show Profile
Bob,

I have one you can have for free.
It has been repaired but works ok.
May get you out of trouble.
Please email me off list.
Regards.
Fred.

Fred.
PA 0788
Go to Top of Page

bob

United Kingdom
336 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2012 :  20:44:33  Show Profile
Fred I have e-mailed you
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2012 :  09:30:50  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone for your helpful replies, especially to Fred for his kind offer.

I am still a little unsure if I should bore out the bush in the rocker cover where I think the cable has been fouling due to misalignment. Would boring out the bush too much allow the cable to whip and then break or is there a better way to cure the problem?

I think the misaligment could be due to the thickness of the cam cover gasket. Are different thickness gaskets available?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000