Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Le Mans Classic
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris Cadman

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  12:37:52  Show Profile

Just back from the Le Mans Classic and I am pleased to report the M-type survived the ordeal, just!

Many thanks to those of you who looked us up - it was great to have the support.

Three other MMM cars were in attendance, with David Morris and Stephen Curtis achieving a creditable third place in the Index of performance with Norbert Schmitz Koep’s K3 (27th on scratch).

Charles Jones in Graham Watts’ C-type was the quickest MMM contender (reaching 160kph in the first session!), but unfortunately suffered a disconcerting oil-leak in the final session, prompting a precautionary retirement by Charles.

The M-type performed well, particularly when piloted by my Co-driver, Robert Ellis. We finished 39th out of 68 (scratch), which equated to 20th on Index of Performance. Running repairs by Phil Cornut (thanks again Phil) to the vertical-drive and alarmingly incontinent rear hubs ensured that we crossed the finishing line intact.

A little weary, but content, we arrived back at Newhaven in the early hours after a delay due to a “technical problem” with our Ferry (most likely another vertical-drive issue…).

Chris

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  13:16:46  Show Profile
We done, Chris and all our Triple-M chums. Would anyone still have the energy to produce a brief writ up for the Bulletin?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  13:59:49  Show Profile
Chris you beat me to it. This is what I drafted yesterday.
'Congratulations to Chris Cadman and Robert Ellis for completing all 3 races at the LeMans Clasic in their M Type. Also well done Phil Cornut for all his sterling work on the car.
They completed 16 laps in total (137 miles ). 2hrs 36mins of racing!

Triple M lineup

Off to the collecting area

Low Drag!

Passing the A7

Celebrations

A great weekend.
Graham
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  14:05:52  Show Profile
Dick. I will try to do a write up for Bulletin.
More Triple M pics coming shortly ( if I can remember how to reduce them. 530 to sift through. Rachael got carried away with her new camera! )
Graham
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  14:37:37  Show Profile
Of course Chris may do the writeup. Much better from the 'horses mouth'.
More pics below

'Dancing Daughters ' PA1711

C0291

K3015/2

PA2206

D0393

Graham
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  15:15:19  Show Profile
Great stuff! Well done to all of you.......wish I had been there. You can do it in an MG - Triple M style at its best!
Foz
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  15:20:29  Show Profile
Fantastic achievement Chris - well done to you and your crew.

The little M and the other Triple-M cars are a supreb advert for our kind of cars.

George
L2023 and NA0960
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3251 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  17:11:52  Show Profile
Could the current owner of the PA "Dancing Daughters" car please contact me with your details? I still have the car listed with the last US owner. I heard he was thinking of selling the car, but had not received details of the sale.

Thanks,
Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  17:23:38  Show Profile
Lew
According to the programme , the owner is Christian Traber.No other info.
Graham
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  17:50:02  Show Profile
Yes well done all Triple M entrants it was great to see you all out on track doing so well - many thanks to you all.
And a few pics of the finishers and Chris at Dunlop.
Philip & Wendy

Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  19:39:34  Show Profile
Sorry , not Triple M but wow!

Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2012 :  15:17:32  Show Profile
To add a little more meat to these amazing performances without stealing anything from the intended write-up, the speed of the C type driven by Charles Jones of 155.2kph (96.43mph) is outstanding for a fully road equipped Triple-M car i.e. wings, lights, exhaust etc. In race 2 where this speed was recorded it was the 5th fastest recorded out of over 50 cars ranging from the fastest a Talbot at 168kph to a Bugatti at 93.9kph. His finishing position being 11th in the final classification of that race making him 2nd on Classification by Performance Index after Race 2. If only the hand of fate hadn't intervened a Triple-M car might have carried off the Performance Index. I guess it will be tougher next time as the index will be less favourably.
Congrats to all for keeping the Triple-M flag flying and again refering to other posts regarding newbies finding good suppliers etc. again I repeat look at the result sheets, not only this one and speak to those that demonstrate in the heat of competition what they can do.
Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000