Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 4 seater PA
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willis

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  09:59:29  Show Profile
Good morning,
Is there anyone within 75 mile radius of Northampton with a fairly original 4 seater PA that would be prepared for me to inspect and photogragh the rear seats and hood bag/tonneau cover fixings. I am well on with restoring PA 1232 and requiring one or two finishing detail
I look forward to a deluge of offers
Ian Willis

Ian willis

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  10:20:11  Show Profile
Ian, I haven't worked out how far Bryan Ditchman (who lives at Hazeley Heath, near Reading) is from Northampton, but he has done and is still doing an enormous amount of work on rebuilding the ex-Works demonstrator 4 seater PB. Similarly, I don't know whether the PB differs from the PA in the rear seat area. However, I know that Bryan would be happy to discuss seats with you, and possibly arrange a visit to Hazeley Heath. If you wish, please phone him on 0118 932 6346.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  15:29:48  Show Profile
Hullo Ian,

John Franklin has a very nice 4-seater PB. There's a picture of the car at this year's Silverstone on the pictures part of this website.

John lives in Bedford but I don't think he is a user of our website. I can ask him to get in touch if you wish - send me your e-mail and phone no. off line and I'll see what I can do to assist.

Regards
Dick

Edited by - DickMorbey on 09/08/2012 15:30:20
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  19:56:10  Show Profile
Hi Ian

I note Barry Walker has a 4 seat P type for sale.

Regards

George
Go to Top of Page

Peter Dowson

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2012 :  09:30:24  Show Profile
Hello Ian,

I believe the car that George mentioned at Barry Walker's is now in my garage. I am new to pre-war MGs so cannot yet say how original it is, but am quite happy to take photos etc and send to you if you have not yet found your answers. I am up near Ashbourne, Derbyshire, so not too close to Northampton.

Having "lurked" on the list for a short while, it is one of the reasons I was happy to go with a MMM car, as this seems a good forum.

The car is PA0448 by the way.

Peter Dowson
Go to Top of Page

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2012 :  10:53:45  Show Profile
Hello Peter,

Welcome to the forum and the world of Triple M.

I live within 10 miles of Ashbourne so let me know if you need any help with your P type. I will e mail my contact details to you.

Bob Richards
PA1052
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2012 :  14:16:46  Show Profile
Mine is a 2-seater admittedly, but as an up and running P-type - passed its MOT yesterday - it is available for inspection in Lichfield.

Bob.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3244 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2012 :  22:14:24  Show Profile
Hello Peter. Welcome to the Triple-M world, I am sure your PA will give you great pleasure. I hope you will notify our Registrar Robin Hamblett that you have purchased the PA.

Regards George

l2023 and NA0960
Nr Buckingham, UK
Go to Top of Page

Peter Dowson

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2012 :  20:55:55  Show Profile
Thanks to all for your very warm welcome to the register / forum.

I am finding plenty that will need to be done, but the hope is to do work over the winter, and then use it during the summer. We shall see how close we can get to this. Bob (Richards), thanks for your email - I shall respond off line. Thanks, also Bob (Stringfield). It is really nice to know that there are other cars close by for when I get stuck.

Peter Dowson
PA0448
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000