Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mmm mg in olympic ceremony
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  21:18:09  Show Profile
Who car was in the Olympic ceremony only just caught it. Was it a p type

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  21:29:07  Show Profile
Could have been a t type I only saw it quickly. There was mg a mg b triumph tr4, early mini. Rolls 20 25 frogeyed sprite didn't expect that
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  00:37:29  Show Profile
Greg,

It looked like a T type to me.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  10:20:00  Show Profile
Greg

I also think the car was a T type.

George
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  10:23:04  Show Profile
Yes, it was definitely a T Type. At a guess, a TC. Also saw the MGA (covered in newspaper, for some reason which escaped me), and an MGB. Full marks to the organiser for getting his (or her) priorities right.

Turned off when Queen came on. They were pretty awful when they were in their prime !

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6131 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  12:35:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Butchers

Turned off when Queen came on. They were pretty awful when they were in their prime !

Now, now, Colin, you're really showing your age with a comment like this
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  14:46:42  Show Profile
Come on Colin Queen rubish!! Did you ever go and see them! True Brian May should do some thing with his hair but at least he dose not try and sing! Paul Macartney now there is rubish! He gets dragged out of his coffin on every big occasion and for what to sing a few bars of a song that he can no long sing (not that he ever could) and John lennon probebly wrote it anyway! After hearing him try to sing at the opening I almost felt sorry for Heather!!
Rodney
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Collins

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  14:47:46  Show Profile
PS it was a TC!!

Rodney
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
653 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  16:23:15  Show Profile
Interestingly, did anyone notice that all the registration plates were covered over?
I'll go for TC as well
It must have been a very interesting experience to drive your car round the Olympic stadium at the closing ceremony.
As for Queen - It's a good job my missus doesn't read this forum - she would be most distressed at the comments. You must remember that one vital element of the group is missing.
Agree about Paul Macartney's act - dreadful
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  18:50:45  Show Profile
It was very telling that the biggest audience reaction/participation was for a hologram of a bloke who had been dead for more than 20 years, you wouldn't get that from today's crop of "talent"! Almost laughed out loud when a Spice Girl nearly fell of the roof of the taxi though.

I also thought there was an MGF in with all the cars (or don't they count)?

JH
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  10:34:21  Show Profile
Oh dear ! I seem to have put one foot firmly in the dung-heap ! As to your aspersions to my great age Simon, I am afraid that you are right. I have been gradually turning in to a GOF for the last 20 years. For the benefit of our American cousins, that doesn't mean "Gathering of the Faithful", but "Grumpy Old Fart". In defence, I can honestly say that when Queen and the late FM were in their zenith, I was but a mere slip of a lad, and thought that they were pretty awful then. Oh dear, there goes the other foot.

My own taste in music - especially guitar music, was formed in the mid 50s when I began listening to such people as Django Reinhardt, Wes Montgomery, Charlie Byrd, Tal Farlow and Philip Catherine. And even Eric Clapton. All of them brilliant technicians without the pretentiousness of others who shall remain nameless. Sorry guys (and your wives), but there it is.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6131 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  12:28:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Butchers

And even Eric Clapton.

And even? Oh dear, Colin, there really is no hope for you!
Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  16:25:19  Show Profile
Colin don't worry about ascending to the great heights of GOF for at least the old part gives something that cannot be bought i.e. experience and therefore the ability to compare and like you my musical interests were formed in the 50s with people like Djanjo Reinhardt, and the big bands of the 30s & 40s. Makes me smile when I hear talk of modern 3 or 4 person groups being refered to as a band.
Keep jumping in with both feet Colin, makes the Forum interesting,
informative and entertaining more than I can say for the Closing Ceremony.
McEvoy
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  17:04:36  Show Profile
Roger that.
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  21:15:19  Show Profile
The link with the cars and bands was that they were massive sellers globally. Never caught a shot of the MGA unwrapped. There was a yellow BGT. Was there no E type Jaguar?
Django with two fingers could play better than Brian May. Although to support the Queen devotees. They seized on what audiences reacted to and literally play to (wrote for) the crowd. I worked with a record producer who owned land in central Cornwall early 1970s. He knew both David Bowie and what became Queen and they played at open air gigs he put on in the summer. "Queen" backing Bowie..

Edited by - spitfire on 20/08/2012 16:31:51
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000