Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Stolen Cars
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2012 :  06:19:24  Show Profile
The post war Morris Minor Messageboard has such a dedicated section to this subject entitled 'Stolen!'

http://www.mmoc.org.uk/messageboard.php
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scully

United Kingdom
157 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2012 :  11:30:24  Show Profile
Martin, having been a victim of car theft myself in the past I understand the hurt, frustration and anger you must be feeling. To those suggesting various methods of immobilisation, this isn't always the best approach. I once saw pictures of a Lotus Elan that had been immobilised in the garage by securing the back axle by chain to a metal staple fixed to the concrete floor. The thieves being frustrated in their attempt to steal the car set it on fire!

Perhaps ensuring the security of the building is the best option and combining that with a Tracker just in case entry is still gained?

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Martin Warner

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2012 :  16:43:15  Show Profile
I ave heard a rumour that the Twin Cam has been found somewhere near Windsor with other MGs. More than that I don't know. Fingers crossed.
Go to Top of Page

Wyn Lewis

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2012 :  16:49:20  Show Profile
It would be lovely if this is the case. Good luck.

Wyn
Go to Top of Page

george

United Kingdom
862 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2012 :  17:02:52  Show Profile
I have fitted a high tensile hasp and staple with an anti pick padlock [abus discus] on the INSIDE of the doors accessed via a small hatch in the door .Short of an angle grinder or smashing the door to bits the door stays shut.If anyone wants a picture or more detail e mail me .Its simple and secure Geoff
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2012 :  19:35:14  Show Profile
Get down there and rip the doors off! And take your car back. If I lived down there I'd come and help you.
I caught a theif last year at beauliea steal a speedo off Horst wendings stall a mmm member on here from germany. I nearly had a fight with the thief it got quite messy but I got horsts p type speedo back for him!
Go to Top of Page

Horst Wendling

Germany
464 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2012 :  21:08:43  Show Profile
my english is not good enough to say what Greg had for a "top-form" in this situation. I don't forget it to him.
Now he has one friend more !

Horst
PA492
Go to Top of Page

Pat B

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2012 :  08:00:26  Show Profile
Martin, did you ever recover both your cars ?
Go to Top of Page

Martin Warner

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2012 :  09:35:57  Show Profile
I have both cars back now which is a relief. Bodily they are pretty much ok. The K-Type has been bounced over a rock or similar so there is damage underneath along the chassis and the back of the bodywork has been thumped under the spare wheel. I am concerned about the gearbox, it is not selecting properly. As it was in a police chase within twenty minutes of being stolen I cannot bear to think of what was being done to it while they were trying to get the hang of it.

The Twin Cam has a couple of scratches including a boot print on the top of the passenger door. It has developed a bad oil leak and is not running as well as it did before. They managed to get twelve miles to the gallon while they had it so basically it has been thrashed to within an inch of its life.

At the moment the insurance company are not being particularly helpful. The engineer has been to see them. He understands dents and things that he can take photographs of. However potential internal mechanical damage seems to be beyond his comprehension. I have had a quote of £300 per car from my garage to give them a complete mechanical checkover but the engineer says that it is not their policy to pay someone to look for problems. I am sure that it will all get sorted out eventually. All a bit of unwanted irritation really.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2012 :  14:35:09  Show Profile
Hello Martin

What a horrible scenario to be faced with. It was good to see the KN at Goodwood the other day - I hope that it was you who piloted her there!

Regards
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Martin Warner

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2012 :  16:26:18  Show Profile
Dick

Yes the KN and the Twin Cam were spotted there by a few people who have wondered whether it was me or the new uninvited "keepers" who had driven them there.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

cardiffrob

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2012 :  17:44:19  Show Profile
FWIW,

I found that my payout from an insurance claim rocketed after I forgot my 'Britishness' and started agressive ranting down the phone. If your gearbox is not selecting properly then it needs a rebuild. That was, after all, why you bought insurance cover.

My first offer from the insurance company wis £2250 for the car and circa £5000 for the injury. We settled on £99,500 on the steps of the courtroom. Doesn't always work out quite so well but it is worth trying! GET NASTY!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000