Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New Name
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2012 :  19:47:22  Show Profile
Hello Everybody,

The new boy is causing trouble already ! Day One. One should'nt use ones email address for the Username as it won't allow photographs to be added. Nick very sportingly organised my new name MG MAVERICK...very apt !! Nick it worked !! I will upload a couple of photos of a couple of my other cars. My wifes MGB Mk1 Roadster 1965 and my nearly completed restoration Rover P2 10hp Coupe 1938. This extremely rare model had a production run of only 250 and was halted when Rover went over to produce Meteor Tank Engines in 1939...I have no idea why ?

Hello again..from the Maverick !

Chris

Edited by - MG Maverick on 19/12/2012 20:00:55

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2012 :  20:18:08  Show Profile
That's interesting Chris. Was not the Meteor the Merlin built as a tank engine? I think Peter Wood of MGA Twin Cam fame has one.

On a different note, the Hurricane is on a pole; where might that be?

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by - Oz34 on 19/12/2012 20:19:11
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2012 :  01:19:05  Show Profile
Hello Dave, You are quite right about the Meteor Engine. Remember Rover was way ahead of pretty much everyone in the early years with their Luvax automatic lubrication system which was vacuum pump operated, even RR / Bentley who had a similar system was operated manually by a foot pump. Then there was JET 1 gas turbine.......
Rover had a model termed the ' Meteor ' and of course the first ' Blue Train ' was also a Rover and not the Bentley ( which was six months later ).
The Hurricane on the pole is at North Weald Airfield. I had a terrific track day there last year..

Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000