Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Question for Webmaster and others
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dan F

USA
846 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  13:44:42  Show Profile
I really want to compliment all of you on the website. Thank you so much for your efforts.
I have a question... often I read a thread and want to save it for future use. It's on a topic that I know I'll be addressing in the near future.
Is there a place to link it to such as 'favorites' so I can go right back to it when needed rather than the search function ???
thanks
dan

LewPalmer

USA
3251 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  16:25:37  Show Profile
Dan,
Sure, but it's a function on your machine, not the site.
When you are viewing a topic you want to save, click on Favorites on your browser toolbar. and save the link into a folder that you have named "Useful MMM Stuff" or something similar.

Lew Palmer
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1059 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  16:58:44  Show Profile
Use the subscribe to this topic button on the right below your login name.
Then you can find them top right under my subscriptions

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
881 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  18:12:27  Show Profile
That's clever - - - Thank you Onno !!

Gerhard
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3411 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  18:55:28  Show Profile
Hi Dan
The only downside to doing what Onno suggests is you will receive an email anytime anyone adds a post to that topic. I think Lew's suggestion is better, open the topic in which you are interested and "Bookmark" the page. You can also change the name of the bookmark to more accurately describe the topic if you need to. You will still be able to locate that topic after it has been archived (after about 6 months since anyone made a post).
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Dan F

USA
846 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  22:51:57  Show Profile
Guys:
Thanks for the reply and will use the advice.
Best
Dan
Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  12:55:08  Show Profile
Sometimes (not this website) I have saved a link to Favourites only to find that at a later date that link is no longer available, so the information is lost.

If you feel inclined, a webpage can be saved so it is available offline (or effectively saved to your hard disk as a file)

This can be done by :

1. Going to the webpage you are interested in.
2. Click on "File"
3. Select "Save As"
4. Under "Save As Type", change it to "Wepage, complete (*.htm;*.html)"
5. Change the location where you wish to save the file to
6. Click on "Save"

You should now have a file for that page.

(These were written for a Windows 7 operating system, but should be similar for other Microsoft operating systems)

Paul.
Go to Top of Page

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2013 :  06:35:28  Show Profile
... not sure that will work Paul.

In the case of attached photos, I believe these are archived in the web-site server and not in the HTML image; in which case, one would have to save and archive each individual photo (as I have done) in one's own computer (right click - save as ... )

Gord Clark
Rockburn, Qué.
Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2013 :  07:01:18  Show Profile
Gord,

Having re-tried it, I think you are right.

However, I did try some of the other save options, and it seems to work ok on my xp machine, and save all the text and pictures if you select "Web Archive, Single File (*.mht)"

Only...for some reason it seems to work on all websites I tried except this one !!

Edited by - pauly45 on 20/01/2013 07:06:32
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3411 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2013 :  13:05:45  Show Profile
Hi Gord
You are quite correct. The photographs are embedded as a link to their address elsewhere on the server. You can always save a picture by right clicking and selecting "Save image as" or whatever name your browser gives this action, then save the image on your own computer.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2567 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2013 :  15:46:43  Show Profile
Another way would seem to be to open a word document & head it, e.g., "Distributor". If you then copy the links of any distributor threads which interest you to it, possibly adding short descriptive notes to each link, you can file &, by holding "Ctrl" & clicking on the link, you will go there.
This does bring up the pictures but I'm sure someone more knowledgible than me will point out a pitfall!

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000