Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Casterbridge Motor Museum, White River, S.Africa
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gordon

United Kingdom
693 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2013 :  09:03:59  Show Profile
The Casterbridge Museum is well wort a visit. Apart from the nicely original M type referred to in http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6521 there is an L type (L 0303, engine number 552 I think) plus a vintage Morris Minor and a Morris 8 Tourer (late '30's?). An Austin 7 Chummy 1929, a Swift, a Model T and a Willys Overland. I attach some photos:

Gordon
PB 0331, MG4473
Derby

Rodney Green

South Africa
365 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2013 :  09:17:31  Show Profile
Hi Gordon. Your photos are far better than mine ! I believe it is settled that "266" is the correct number. I have been trying to ascertain it's correctness with an eye on our MMM Gathering in Franschhoek early April . Thanks for all the positive responses. Regards. Rodney.

Rod Green
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2013 :  09:25:01  Show Profile
Hi Gordon

According to my database, the engine number should be 552 as you say. This car has not be allocated a register number, so I wonder if you are able to connect me with the museum or even the owner of the car. I believe it to be Louis van der Merwe but have not contact details. As it's a complete car, it should be issued with a register number and file.

I'd also value you sending me copies of th eimage files please, for the Register records.

In advance, many thanks.

Robin

J2 J3666 & J3 3764
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000