Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG PA
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nick

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2013 :  08:15:56  Show Profile
Gents l am looking at a 1934 MG PA 2 SEATER as a possible purchase. The chasis number is PA2081 and the engine number has 1377- 135P stamped on dumb iron, the car is a dark red/maroon colour which looks to be original. Any info on the car would be a huge help. I am coming back to MG since buying a MG PA 4 seat with my brother for 34.00, which after charging the battery ran !We did a full restoration and sold it for 575.00 ! those were the days.

Edited by - nick on 10/04/2013 08:19:18

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2013 :  09:33:56  Show Profile
HI Nick
This car is register number 2996 so is known of. However, I don't have details of the current owner, so some history is missing. The engine number is a genuine one, although not the original one for this car.

If you want to contact me directly, robin.hamblett@gmail.com or at home on 01635 292456 I'll be more than happy to help further, as much as I can.

regards

Robin Hamblett
Triple M registrar

J2 J3666 & J3 3764
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  00:01:32  Show Profile
Hello Nick, I remember this car or should I say these cars? When I was Registrar I had an exchange of info with Brian Purvis because he told me that the car advertised in 1/07 on e-bay wasn't PA 2081 as it claimed because he had that.

You seem to be saying that the engine number is stamped on the dumb-iron. If that's correct then you should take a look at the little flat plaque on the left of the engine just above the starter motor and see what's stamped there. That's where the real engine number should be (unless someone has forged a false number there of course!).

Anyway I would advise caveat emptor in this case unless Robin has later information than I had when I retired in 2010.
Bob Clare
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000