Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Delivery Couriers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  19:22:27  Show Profile
I wondered if anyone had any ideas what courier I might use to send a parcel measuring approximately 1.5m x 0.8m x 0.25m to a fellow MMMer in Anchorage ?

Thanks
Paul.

Gary K

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  20:25:35  Show Profile
I have received several large packages through Parcel2go.com. They use FedEx as a shipper. I'm in the Midwestern part of the states. As far as I know FedEx will ship to Anchorage from the UK. Have had better luck with FedEX concerning the amount of duty I have payed, then when using UPS. Box is most likely to big for the post.

Hope this helps
Gary
J2 3670
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  20:54:41  Show Profile
On the recommendation of one of our established traders I recently used Transglobal Express to get a complicated package down to Adelaide. They shop around for the best deal from reputatble carriers - in my case it was UPS - and the service was superb.

Dick
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  22:01:08  Show Profile
Just be careful with larger packages through UPS. I have been burned badly by UPS's customs brokerage on parts coming in to the US. They once charged me for duty on a water manifold where they claimed the part number was the quantity (I only ordered one). They subsequently refused to even answer my letters of complaint.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Ross Kelly

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  05:33:13  Show Profile
Hi,
I am always ask traders or others to state parts are second hand 1933 MG parts and to be fairly creative as to value. Sending via some of the larger carries tend to have consequences as to customs charges etc.
cheers
Ross Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Ross Kelly

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  05:34:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ross Kelly

Hi,
I always ask traders or others to state parts are second hand 1933 MG parts and to be fairly creative as to value. Sending via some of the larger carries tend to have consequences as to customs charges etc.
cheers
Ross Kelly

Go to Top of Page

Ross Kelly

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  05:38:56  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

Hi,
I always ask traders or others to state parts are second hand 1933 MG parts and to be fairly creative as to value. Sending via some of the larger carriers tend to have consequences as to customs charges etc.
cheers
Ross Kelly

Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  20:24:52  Show Profile
Transglobal Express want £208 to air freight the parcel to Anchorage via Fedex!!!

ouch !
Go to Top of Page

rodb

New Zealand
260 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  21:15:47  Show Profile
Try UPS Saver

RodB NZ
Go to Top of Page

NeilC

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2013 :  19:18:20  Show Profile
If you haven't sorted it out, drop me a line, I own a parcels company and can help a fellow MG fan.

The reason it's coming out so expensive is that parcel volumises to 50 kg.. That's a very large parcel for an Air Express carrier to handle.

Not sure if I can save you any money but will take a look at it. The other thing to be aware of is insurance. If the contents are especially valuable or rare you need to be aware that any insurance payout would be minimal if heaven forbid it went missing.
Go to Top of Page

pauly45

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2013 :  07:37:53  Show Profile
Thank you for the offer Neil.

At the moment we are going to go with a pattern which I will send out to him to see if that meets his needs.
If he ends up wanting the actual item, I will re-visit the shipping options.

Thanks again though.

Paul.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000