Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PB 0635 on its first test run
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Widung

Sweden
189 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2013 :  20:50:09  Show Profile
After running the engine a few times in the garage, I took a deep breath and decided to go for a test run today in the car to see if clutch, gearbox, brakes and rear axle were OK before putting on the front wings. A slow tour in the yard followed.

Almost all went well - I had to use the handbrake as the brakes were not adjusted tight enough. After adjustment I had equal skid marks on the gravel road. Gearbox oil was cold and I did notice the influence of the viscosity.... I managed to drive in all four forward gears and noticed the benefit of the rear gearchange lock as first gear was easy to find with the lock down.

Dynamo was charging and the sun shining - you couldn't ask for more!

Thank you all that helped - Mike Allison with the steering box, setting up and strengthening the differential and checking the rear axle - Nick Feakes with valuable advice and support on the wiring and dynamo - and all of you who have given good advice and shared pictures!

Jan Widung PB0635

So - thanks to

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2013 :  22:35:27  Show Profile
Hi Jan

Well done on a successful first run in the PB. I am sure the car will give you many years of pleasure.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000