Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Goldie Gardner trophy
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cowley

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2013 :  21:08:30  Show Profile
Thank you for listing the most important lots and their final hammer prices Dick, and gutted to hear that the Club weren't successful in winning any of the items. The prices were quite staggering!

Other lots were...

475 - Medals @ £2000
476 - Royal Artillery Pin @ £200
477 - Pewter Tankards @ £120
478 - Match Case + extras @ £120
479 - Stopwatch @ £550

I fancied putting a couple of cheeky bids on the Match Case and Pewter Tankards, but had emailed the auction house with a couple of queries. As they didn't have the decency to reply to my emails, I decided not to bid. Why should I waste my time and money when they can't even be bothered to answer my emails!...

...but I wouldn't have won them anyway!

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2013 :  17:52:28  Show Profile
A quick Buck!!

For those of you surprised by the prices raised at the auction I recently attended to buy the 'Goldie' Gardner EX135 silver trophy for the club but well outbid at the hammer price of £4,800 may like to know that the self same trophy was sold by Bonhams recently for £10,625 including buyers premium.

Crazy world!

Bob
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2013 :  17:41:51  Show Profile
I wonder if Brooklands bought any of the items.
Goldie wore a British Racing Drivers Club cloth badge when he did this run.
I discussed this with John Pulford when dining with him in the Members Bar, as I had a copy of the booklet produced by the MG Car Co, celebrating the record. John was fascinated that I recognised the same badge on Goldie's jacket that adorns Brooklands.

This is the infamous Krystal Nacht date, of which Goldie and company heard windows being smashed that night.
I bought a copy of his autobiography, Magic MPH. It had a slip of paper between the pages-
A press cutting of Goldie's death. By coincidence, he died the day I was born.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000