Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Where have all the sprinters gone?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  11:53:48  Show Profile
Lovely sunny day last Saturday ( the 18th May) so called in at Goodwood Motor Circuit to see what was going on. The Brighton & Hove Motor Club were holding their Spring Sprint, which included a wide variety of mouth watering machines from Radical one and a half litre single seaters (very fast), a Jedi hill-climb car (even faster), a collection of turbocharged Nissan GTRs, Caterhams, Westfields and many other things - a field of over 70 in all. I think (but I am not totally certain) that FTD went to Ian Catt with his 1340cc Wealden Empire with a serious quick time of 80.31 seconds.

Looking rather lonely in a Class which included a pair of 1275cc Midgets and a Mark 8 Davrian, was Howard Harman's very nicely presented blown 948cc PA which managed a best time of 131.17 seconds. This bettered one of the Midgets, but couldn't get to the other one who managed 120.97, nor the Davrian which disappeared into the distance to clock 104.30, which puts him into the "quite quick" category.

Although this was a "Closed to Club" event, entries had been extended to The Austin Healey and the Pre-War Austin Clubs, who between them managed to bring along 22 of their cars to play. It would have been more appropriate for the B&HMC to allow Howard's PA to run with the pre-war Austins, although if he had done so, he would have taken 3rd in Class, being quicker than most of the Austins including at least one of the blown cars. The fastest of the Austins was Mike Inglis with his "Black Sheep" who was timed at a very creditable 119.30 seconds

This coming week-end sees the holding of the Crystal Palace Sprint by the Sevenoaks & District Club, which in previous years has seen a reasonable entry of MMM cars. This year, unless there have been some late entries, only the ubiquitous Phil Bayne-Powell with his C Type has entered on Sunday the 26th, whilst Howard Harman with his PA is the only MMM runner to enter on Monday the 27th.

Where have all you sprinters gone ? The Brighton Club are holding a second sprint at Goodwood on August the 3rd, and if asked nicely, I am sure that they might be able to squeeze in one or two old M.G.s.

Colin B.

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  13:29:31  Show Profile
Eight MMM's at Wiscombe the previous week.We will be at Brooklands on 15th June. Can't afford to do every weekend !!
Graham
PB0602
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  13:29:51  Show Profile

Hey Colin,

There are quite a few of us still out here! Just a huge amount of choice every weekend regarding which event to go to. I really like the CP sprint, but it is expensive and clashes with a family event.

I ve withdrawn from Harewood on 1st June as I m saving my self and the car for....

June 7th - A full day at Cadwell ( track day) with the VSCC
June 8th - Watching VSCC cadwell
June 15th - Possibly enter the Brooklands speed trials
June 16th - MG Live Sprint
June 17th - GRRC Goodwood classic track day

As you can see it gets a bit crowded!!!Only so many passes one can receive from Mrs D!!

Hope to see you soon

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  17:57:25  Show Profile
Crystal Palace is apparently well oversubscribed hence the disappearance of the entry form from their website before I got around to it!
As Graham says there were quite a few of us down at Wiscombe and I will be at Harewood (where has your entry disappeared to Mark??) and then all being well I intend to be at Brooklands and Silverstone, Loton and Goodwood.
See you there.
Philip
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000