Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 VSCC Cadwell
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2013 :  08:17:23  Show Profile
Hi

Anyone venturing to cadwell for the VSCC meeting on June 8th?

I ll be going around and around on Friday on the Track training day and then staying over to watch the racing on Sat.

I ve not been to Cadwell since I was 8 years old so really have no idea what its like.

Any tips for negotiating the circuit. The only advice the old man has given me so far is to avoid the garden wall and a pond!

Anyway do say hello if your around!

Thanks

1985 VSCC Donnington - NA0818

Mark Dolton

Chris Cadman

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2013 :  09:34:39  Show Profile
I have entered for the Saturday Mark. First time for me, so nothing I can help with on the circuit knowledge front!
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2013 :  09:44:12  Show Profile
Hey Chris, well I ll let you know after Friday. will you be there Fri eve?

Mark Dolton

Edited by - Dolts on 31/05/2013 09:44:31
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cadman

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2013 :  10:26:18  Show Profile
Mark,

I will be up on Friday, but after work - so unlikely to get there before 8pm-ish, I think? I'll look you up, of course.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2013 :  16:48:34  Show Profile
Mark,
I've entered Saturday's set 3 race. I hope to get to Cadwell on Friday afternoon so I'll try to catch up with you then.
It's only my second outing at Cadwell. Last time I was advised to carry speed through the esses or else I would bog down going up the mountain. On the first lap I never made the esses and went grass tracking instead.
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2013 :  19:18:36  Show Profile
Hi Mark,
I will get there fri pm to scrut and sign on....Set 3 race and the Williams Monaco.
Only advice I can give is not to come out of the Gooseneck backwards as its down hill...and very scary if you do!
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  17:22:04  Show Profile
For those going for the first time it may be worthwhile 'Googling' the name Cadwell Park and then you have a choice of several video clips of various 'moderns' getting it all wrong on the circuit ! But there are some continuous laps and this should be useful for a first-timer . I did this before going to the newly configurated Snetterton last year and it was a very useful ten minutes - but I still couldn't beat Fozzy !
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  17:43:23  Show Profile
I have never been to Cadwell so may come and spectate - it looks to be a very nice club circuit.

I have watched the occasional motor bike race on TV and the circuit certainly looks to be challenging!

George
L2023
Triple-M 994
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  10:57:18  Show Profile
I will be at Cadwell to spectate as I have done for several years. I enjoy the 100 mile trip across the open countryside. It is an excellent circuit for spectators as well as competitors. And there is a pre-war car park organised by a very friendly John Fletcher.

See you all there, Peter
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  07:51:18  Show Profile
Great stuff looking forward to it!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  13:23:08  Show Profile
What a belter of a weekend, amazing track day on Friday, about 40 laps of an absolutely amazing circuit. Pretty fab mixing it up with some pretty exotic machinery!

I saw mr Seber take the glory in the PB going really well, in the handicap race before heading home after the start of the Williams trophy. How did everyone get on?

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2013 :  20:40:20  Show Profile
here's a photo from Cadwell.
pesky things those Austin 7s.....

Go to Top of Page

JDoe

United Kingdom
85 Posts