Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Original Duckhams oil tin wanted!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kts

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  21:16:27  Show Profile
Hi all - Having recently acquired a reprint of The Instruction Manual for the MG Midget (J Series), I was intrigued to read the following passage on page five of same:

"Every M.G. Midget is tested on Duckham's Adcol NP5 Aero and the sump and spare quart tin are filled with the same brand when the car is issued new".

This begs the question, Does anyone actually have a "spare quart tin" of this particular oil?

I know that various vendors sell repro tins for firewall mounting, but I have not seen this particular oil tin, and one vendor I emailed said they had not heard of it either.

If there is an original out there, I am sure there would be interest in seeing it reproduced.

So how 'bout it? Anyone got a quart of  "Duckham's Adcol NP5 Aero" sitting around their shed?

KTS

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  21:00:40  Show Profile
I have a Duckham's quart oil tin in sound condition but it is a Gear Oil tin.

Maurice Blakey.
Go to Top of Page

thecollingburnboys

United Kingdom
574 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2013 :  13:16:23  Show Profile
Hi Maurice, could I borrow it for a day please? Happy to pay postage both ways. Contact; collingburn@btinternet.com James Collingburn of Wm. M. Collingburn.
Also if anyone has a Duckham's Adcol N.P.5 oilcan, any type or shape or a flat advertisement. We are considering reproducing them.
Thanks James

James Collingburn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000