Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Welsh Weekend
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2013 :  09:51:33  Show Profile
If anyone attending this coming weekend requires any of the excellent Colin Tieche rockers I have both 4 and 6 cylinder sets available and can deliver to save postage. Let me know.

TH

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2013 :  05:20:06  Show Profile
Brian I have replied via the Forum mail - hope it arrives !

TH
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3238 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2013 :  20:04:09  Show Profile
I hope everyone has a really enjoyable weekend.

Dick, Peter G, Elizabeth and Mike have put in an amazing amount of work to ensure everything runs smoothly.

And as a bonus the weather looks to be set fair.

George
Hon Sec
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2013 :  08:14:29  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

Our big event kicks off today and there will be 58 MGs on the road and over 100 people.

Even if you have not entered to take part in the event, you are most welcome to drop in at the various locations where it is going to be happening! Stating the obvious, none of the catering, refreshments and tour facilities will be available for drop-in visitors however you're most welcome to drop in to meet and chat.

Event HQ is the Metropole Hotel at Llandrindod Wells Where the cars will be tucked up every evening.

On Saturday we will be touring over the Cambrian mountains towards a lunch stop at Y Talbot hotel, Tregaron. We then move on to the Dolaucothi goldmine at Pumsaint, arriving in the middle of the afternoon before heading back to the hotel.

On Sunday after a private visit to the hall at Abbey Cwm Hir we shall be motoring eastwards through Knighton, Presteigne and around the black and white villages trail, After which the cars will be at the Titley Junction station and railway.

At the conclusion of this visit we return to the event hotel. The whole event concludes on Monday morning.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2013 :  13:00:57  Show Profile
To Dick, Elizabeth, Mike, Peter and everyone else involved in organising the Wales Triple M weekend I would like to say a big thank you to you all for putting in so much hard work, for the excellent organisation and for arranging for the weather to treat us so well !

Every detail was brilliantly planned and executed by the organising group lead by Dick. The selection of the location, the venue, the routes, the dinner, the attractions, all the organisational paperwork, parking arrangements etc etc were fantastic.

Despite car issues keeping me out of the Saturday run and having to leave on sunday for family reasons I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many Triple M friends old and new. Above all it was a fantastic gathering of cars and their owners many of whom were from overseas including the strong Aussie contingent.

All in all a wonderful weekend - brilliantly organised - thanks to all.

TH
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2013 :  17:07:35  Show Profile
Yes, as Terry says above a great and brilliantly organised weekend and Wendy and I would like to add our thanks to the whole organising team for all their hard work in setting up the event.
To remind you of the weekend here are a few pictures I took at Abbey Cwm-Hir Hall.

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2013 :  22:05:44  Show Profile
Time to add a few more pictures!

When time allows I will open up a new section in the 'Pictures' section of the website with a range of images, but in the meantime here are some to be going on with:

Queen Victoria puts in an appearance (Picture by Foz)

(Foz again)

(Foz)

(By popular vote: The car we'd like to to take home) (Foz)

The carousing continues (Foz)

The Chairman's PA clears the Devil's Staircase
(Picture courtesy of Peter McFadyen
www.petermcfadyen.co.uk/#/page/home/

Images of most of the cars can be seen at his website

Cambrian Mountain breakdown service

Mike Dowley in his K2 assists

At Y Talbot, Tregaron

Mine host Paul Humpherston at The Abbey Cwm Hir Hall

Now THAT's Register parking!

Just another of the 52 rooms ...

A view over the Hall's gardens and the village below

Bill and Liz Bennett at home off the rails

At Titley Junction Station

We gather for the torchlit procession and fireworks

Packing luggage in a C-type - you can do it in an MG!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743

Edited by - DickMorbey on 29/08/2013 22:25:48
Go to Top of Page

saltandvinegar

United Kingdom
105 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2013 :  19:23:18  Show Profile
A word from a Sponsor!

Well done to Dick, Mike and the rest of the organising Committee for a superb event.

Mike & Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Blithe Spirit

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2013 :  09:39:22  Show Profile
I endorse all the comments. A fantastic event, well worth my burning of midnight oil to cobble up a diff Thursday/Friday. One important addition to the accolades, however. Foz, for trundling along behind with trailer and modern, part time supported by Mike and his S&V parts stock. Thanks all of you.

BTW, next August VSCC celebrate their 80th anniversary with lots of competitive and touring events just west of Peterborough. Mike J. (D type) and I are involved; it would be great if we could attract a sizeable triple M participation, especially at the showground display on Saturday. VSCC members please look out for further info from that club.
David J3768
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2013 :  10:17:32  Show Profile
Thanks David

I have already put down a marker with VSCC offering a Triple-M presence at their 80th bash next August. The approach has been well received - watch this space!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2013 :  11:21:10  Show Profile
A wonderful weekend! My thanks to all the organisers, who did a fantastic job.

See you all next May in Argyll :-).

Colin

PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2013 :  11:43:31  Show Profile
Here are two superb pics contributed by Arnaud Jacobs. Taken on the extended Saturday run into the hinterland, this is what the rest of us missed!

Is this Yves Mittler and Marie-France?

Arnaud and Martine Jacobs in their L1

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743

Edited by - DickMorbey on 31/08/2013 11:43:55
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2013 :  16:30:41  Show Profile
Superb photographs. Looked like a brilliant time for all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000