Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 OriginalUK registration numbers of MMMcars
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ian lawrence

New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  03:04:47  Show Profile
I have just emailed Kithead trust for information on my PA 1327 Engine AP1587.
They tell me to find out its history I need the original UK Rego number before the car arrived in New Zealand in the 1940s ? before they can give me any historical data?
Where do I find the original UK Rego number please ??
Cheers

Ian L

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  08:47:59  Show Profile
You might find it in the factory files, held by the MGCC in Abingdon - you can get copies of yours for a small fee but sometimes there is no info on a particular car.

Graham

"I'd rather be happy than right anyday" Slartybartfast, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  09:27:35  Show Profile
Hi Ian

I'm afraid there is no record of it in the register production records, these are based on the extensive research by the late Mike Hawke.

All that is recorded is as below:

Built on 25/7/34 and sold via E H Banfield to 1st owner S Harrocks on 1/9/34

John Inness at Kimber House may have a chassis file but it looks like there is now registration number recorded on the basis of the register files.

I had thought that The Kithead Trust would be able to help on this information but the rules may have changed.

Kind regards

Robin

J2 J3666 & J3 3764
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  13:03:57  Show Profile
Robin
I doubt a rule change as the Kithead Trust ONLY has registration details from SOME registration areas for SOME periods.

See their website

No registration - no information.

George
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  13:07:31  Show Profile
Robin
I doubt a rule change as the Kithead Trust ONLY has registration details from SOME registration areas for SOME periods.

See their website

No registration - no information.

George
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  21:44:38  Show Profile
It may be a long shot, but an S. M. Harrocks did a lot of trialling, according to Cowbourne, in the 1930's.
Firstly in an N type Magnette in 1934, then in a P type, and lastly in a supercharged PB!
In 22/23 June 1935 he entered the Brighton Beer trial,and had his picture in the Light Car & Cycle Car magazine and according to Cowbourne the number appears to be ALJ 566.
Has anybody a copy of the magazine for the end June/ early July 1934 to check the picture?
"LJ" is Bournemouth "B" and the registration documents are at Dorchester. The Dorset Record Office, Bridport Road, Dorchester DT1 1RP.
It may be worth an email, the address will be on their website.
Hope this is of use.

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  10:25:21  Show Profile
Harrocks drove his PA in the 1935 Brighton to Beer Trial, and according to my notes, the Reg. Number is ALJ 666 - not ALJ 566. He also entered the 1936 Brighton to Beer with the blown PB, but I do not have a Reg. Number for that car. According to the current MMM Register, ALJ 666 is still owned by Graham Roots and is the car which has been displayed in the Brooklands Museum (in the Jackson Shed) for many years.

Colin B.

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 04/09/2013 10:28:58
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2013 :  17:32:50  Show Profile
Just noticed that S M Harrocks driving a blown PB won the 1500cc Super Sports Class at Poole Speed Trials on the 8th August 1936 with a time of 27.26 secs. Not many people know that !

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Ian lawrence

New Zealand
105 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2013 :  02:23:47  Show Profile
Many thanks to all who have contributed to my request for information on PA 1327 Engine AP 1587.
I have tried Kithead Trust and confirm No registration - No Information.
I have sent an email to archives@dorset.gov.uk thank you Mike Dalby. Thanks to all others , will post reply from Dorset Archives when to hand.
It never ceases to amase me as to how much information is available from forum members.
Cheers Ian Spring is rolling into summer early yeha.

Ian L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000