Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mike Williams Restorations - Open Day
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2013 :  16:10:13  Show Profile
I know thaqt this is not particularly Triple-M -specific, but it might just be of interest if you are in the area:

Meet the experts
Mike Williams Restorations’ Open Day – Saturday, 12th October

Club members can can pick the brains of a team of hugely talented and highly experienced craftsmen when Mike Williams Restorations holds its first-ever Open Day at its workshops in Bredgar, Kent on Saturday, 12th October.

Between them, the members of Mike Williams’ team have over a century of experience in restoring vintage and collectable cars and preparing historic race cars for competition. So the encounter should prove a fascinating experience as the craftsmen will be delighted to provide expert advice on everything from chassis renovation or fabrication, suspension set-up, engine rebuilding, reconditioning and blueprinting and gearbox through to re-trimming, panel beating, spraying and re-wiring.

There will be a number of interesting vehicles on show, including an Isotta Fraschini Tipo 8A, an Amilcar C6, a Jaguar XK120 drophead and a Triumph TR4 rally car, and Mike and the team can also take their visitors through photographic records of previous projects they have undertaken. The list of past restoration projects features a huge range of ‘patients’, including an Invicta, Aston Martins, Lagondas, XK and SS Jaguars, an 1898 Locomobile, HWM sports racing cars and various single-seater HGPCA cars.

And the day will benefit more than the visitors – tea, coffee and biscuits will be on sale to raise funds for the automotive industry charity BEN.

The Mike Williams Restorations Open Day will run from 10am to 4pm on Saturday October 12th. In order to ensure a plentiful supply of biscuits, Mike asks that all visitors register their interest in advance by calling 01795 830288 or emailing info@mikewilliamsrestorations.com before midday on Friday, October 11th.

For more information on Mike Williams Restorations see www.mikewilliamsrestorations.com.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2013 :  22:57:50  Show Profile
Is this the same Mike Williams who was associated with Beaufort Restorations in Maidstone, Kent back in the 1980s?

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2013 :  10:46:15  Show Profile
The quality of "Expert Restorations" is best judged by those who have personal experience of the work done. For myself, I have never come across Mike Williams before although I know the North Kent area quite well. However, I am the first to agree that I have lived a very sheltered existence. Do any of you MMMers out here have personal experience of his team's work ? Or is he giving a generous donation to Register funds, to obtain such an extensive coverage of his activities.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2013 :  13:08:06  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by LewPalmer

Is this the same Mike Williams who was associated with Beaufort Restorations in Maidstone, Kent back in the 1980s?

yes - see:
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=173767719&authType=name&authToken=-sDq&goback=%2Enmp_ 1_ 1_ 1_ 1_ 1_ 1_ 1_ 1_ 1_ 1&trk=nmp_pymk_name
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2013 :  13:54:11  Show Profile
The tub of my ex-J2 (now belonging to Orstin) was built by Beaufort Restorations in 1984. Nice work, fair prices.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000