Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Greetings from London
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SilverMGF

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2013 :  20:45:52  Show Profile
Hello. I have been popping in every now and again and thought that it might actually be time to register.

I have more of a background with small Triumph saloons but took the plunge and purchase a rather lovely silver MGF about 9 months ago and have become quite enamoured with the whole MG thing.

This has been aided by my friends who have a rather lovely red MG J2. In fact, this car is the reason why I am typing at the moment. My friends adore their J2 but struggle with the basic maintenance. I would be very appreciative if some kind soul could let me have the part numbers/details and purchase sources of a few basic components such as points, condenser and plugs. Oh and a new inner tube!

My friend is the granddaughter of the late Eric Tiesche and we are rather keen to get the car up and running again as it holds some very important memories for her and for her husband.

I also have the support of a friend who is more familiar with the cars of this era. He recently recommissioned a Panhard-Levassor Taxi from 1910.

I look forward to any advice offered.

Kind regards

Ken

Edited by - SilverMGF on 22/09/2013 21:04:29

SilverMGF

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2013 :  21:03:06  Show Profile
Thought I might add some photos:

Here's my latest purchase:

My MGF:

and finally, a photo from the year before when I had finished detailing the wee beastie:

Hope you like the pictures.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

SilverMGF

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2013 :  21:33:46  Show Profile
Nice to have some views, but please, don't be shy about saying hello lol+++.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2013 :  22:03:14  Show Profile
Ken,

There are several good suppliers listed on the links/suppliers page on this website. Go to the home page, then click Links, then Suppliers. A few of them will have most parts you require. I suggest you also contact others who live nearby for additional advice and help. But surely the granddaughter of Eric Tieche or a relative of Colin Tieche will be in touch with all the advice they could want.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

SilverMGF

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2013 :  22:22:05  Show Profile
Hi Lew, thanks, I will have a look at the page. Sadly, her uncle is not in the UK, otherwise I doubt this would have even been an issue
Go to Top of Page

SilverMGF

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2013 :  22:46:38  Show Profile
Aha! Found the suppliers bit, thanks Lew. It has been a long day lol. I will be phoning tomorrow to request catalogues, etc.

Her grandfather was always keen to do whatever was required on the little MG despite his advancing years but as time passed, it became more difficult for him to do so as one could imagine. She is so very keen to get the car up and running again, but the families sad loss has had such an impact. I am more than willing to help her and her husband in any way that I can but any advice would be warmly received by all concerned.

All the best.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2013 :  23:35:08  Show Profile
Ken this is also my old car which I acquired from Colin many a year ago and raced a bit. After some years it went to another friend and finally back to Eric who I helped fit the current swept wings which are the originals from my current J2.
Colin has asked me to sort out the problems but I have not had time to do so and he was unable to tell me exactly what is wrong. If there is any way you can get the car down to me in Chichester I will sort it out for you.
Contact me via this site and I will be happy to help.
Terry
Go to Top of Page

SilverMGF

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2013 :  08:40:37  Show Profile
Hi Terry, thanks for getting in contact. Those swept wings are stunning and really suit the car. I will send you a PM and will liaise with Tracy.

Kind regards

Ken
Go to Top of Page

SilverMGF

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  16:47:39  Show Profile
A quick update to say that the car is now running beautifully. The problems appear to have been (rather oddly) as follows:

The timing was way too retarded and the HT leads were all one position out. I have no idea how that happened, it's all really rather mystifying.

Still, Tracy is very happy and she has been out for a couple of runs in the car today. The car will now just require a general 'going over' and should again see much more regular use soon.

A good outcome I believe.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000