Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 Cycle Wing JB 659 Chassis No J2024
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

J2lover

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2006 :  20:11:52  Show Profile
In 1967 I parted company with my mistress. She was an MG J2 painted in BRG, had a domed and hinged front scuttle (this once covered a blower I believe)and she had 16 inch wire wheels. Her registration number was JB 659 and I believe her chassis number was J2024. She was a dream on wheels having brought her back to life over an 18 month period in my parents garage in Wiltshire. Like an absolute fool I fell in love with a new girlfriend and not only ditched my loyal girl friend but also my beloved J2. I would love to see JB659 again if only to stroke her bonnet and sit behind her Bluemels Brooklands steering wheel. Does anyone know where she is now or can anyone remember seeing her in the last 40 years?

Michael

John Reid

United Kingdom
705 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2006 :  21:52:23  Show Profile
Michael,

Have you tried contacting Bob Clare, the Registrar of the Triple-M Register? His details are in the Contacts page of this website. He may have some details.

Good luck in your hunt for your mistress - I had a J3 mistress in 1967 and sadly sold her for ú200 - she is still alive and well but now demands more than I want to pay for the pleasure...! And strangely enough I turned down the chance to buy the registration next to yours, JB 658 (the Works F2 Demonstrator), in 1966 for ú25 because the previous week the owner had rolled it...

John R
Go to Top of Page

J2lover

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2006 :  05:13:00  Show Profile
John,

Thank you for suggesting Bob Clare - I will try my luck with him. You are the closest I have come to someone from the 1960s who also owned a J type. It is an extraordinary coincidence that you knew the car with the next registration. I lived in Wiltshire at the time and I recall that I sold my J2 for about ú200 as well. It seemed a lot of money at the time but I would probably pay the same amount nowadays just to look over her chassis!

Michael

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3426 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2006 :  12:00:06  Show Profile
Hi Michael
Bob Clare's e-mail address is: 100570.2213@compuserve.com Good luck with your search
Nick
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1641 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2006 :  13:49:41  Show Profile
Hi John - I have all the information and research done on the J3's over the years. I have not looked at it for some while but cannot recall your name against one. Can you let me know which one and when so I can add it to the info. Thanks. Terry

Terry Holden
Go to Top of Page

J2lover

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2006 :  14:47:36  Show Profile
Nick and John,

Many thanks - I have E-mailed Bob to see if he has any news. I have photos and my elderly father's garage and garden shed should contain a J2 radiator, gearbox and extension shift mechanism plus other odds and ends. Not enough to start a rebuild though!

Michael

Michael
Go to Top of Page

J2lover

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2006 :  09:41:42  Show Profile
John and Nick,

Bob has replied with some fascinating history about my mistress from the early 1930s. Apparently she got around a bit and was driven in the 1933 Monte Carlo Rally by an E.S. Prestwich and then driven by a Victor Ferguson in hill-climbs. Bob did not think she had survived the war but where is she now? Is she loved and cherished or is she indeed unloved and neglected? I feel a mission impossible coming on.

Michael

Michael

Edited by - J2lover on 30/05/2006 09:42:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000