Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 J2 parts needed
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Libbert

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2013 :  23:32:09  Show Profile
Hello Everyone,

I'm in need of the following parts for my J2 restoration and would prefer to use original items if possible.

1)the "U" shaped piece with mounting flanges that attaches to the firewall that the slow running control rod threads in to

2) the sheet metal piece that is the throttle pedal stop and also attaches to the firewall

3) both handed brackets that attach to the chassis and hold the rear end of the side valances

Best regards,

John Libbert
Milford, OH
USA
J2 3118

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2013 :  07:55:29  Show Profile
Hi John,
The U shaped bracket to adjust 'slow-running' I made a few years ago along with the secondary bracket for choke. I found that the originals all had thread problems due to wear, so that's why I made my own. Don't have any left now but could make a few more if there is call.
I also made the accelerator stop, again fairly simple to make but S&V do them cheaply enough.
And thirdly the rear valance brackets, yes of course I made these from drawings/measurements I found somewhere for my F2.

So nice to get originals but I would say as long as they are correctly made perhaps worthy of replacement

Chris Blood (D0407 & F0753)
Go to Top of Page

Drolshagen

Germany
680 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2013 :  08:11:27  Show Profile
Hi John,

have a look in " Octagon Heaven " and you have all the demensions
you need to these parts yourself, easy to make.

Octagon Heaven under Documents downloads/technical..........

Cheers
Carl
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  20:29:36  Show Profile
John,

I have item 3 (the handed brackets). I'll take a photo tomorrow.

Regards,

JOHN
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  09:03:30  Show Profile
A small batch of U-shaped slow-running control brackets.

£11 each to include p&p(@ £2.60) in UK. Will have to check US postage John.

Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  17:03:30  Show Profile
John, Photo as promised. I think these brackets were made by Steve ('Simply the Best') Gilbert when he made my J2 body plus wings, plus side valences before he realised that I already had the original brackets. They might need minor fettling, and of course, holes drilling but that's the least of your worries!

You can have them for a nominal 12 GBP plus postage of 10 GBP. I'll put the 12 GBP in my 'Totally T-Type 2' fund.

PayPal will be fine.

Sorry about the postage cost but the brackets weigh 460gm so by the time I pack them I am not going to be able to get them into the under 500gm weight step, which means the next weight step (750gm).

Best Regards, JOHN

P.S. Chris' slow running control bracket will probably get in at the under 250gm weight step which would be 4.5 GBP

Go to Top of Page

gsrun

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  18:21:19  Show Profile
Current 1st class post for a small parcel (45x35x8 or 35x25x16) weighing up to 1Kg is £3.00 - this may be relevant to this topic!
Graham
Go to Top of Page

John Libbert

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  23:35:20  Show Profile
John & Chris,

I will certainly take the bracket set from John & the slow running control bracket from Chris. Would it be better to combine the pieces for shipment and would it be much trouble for one of you to get the parts to the other? I can/will pay each separately by Paypal to John and I believe I've used Paypal for paying Chris in the past too. If it is easier to keep the shipments separate that will be OK with me too.

Now if someone would just offer the pedal stop at this time it would be great!

Best regards,

John
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  09:58:48  Show Profile
Hi John,
posting within UK is now quite expensive relative to the amount it costs to reach the US and with John living some 150 miles I suspect it's best we send them direct to you.
I'm going to let you have my own acc. pedal stop, I made a batch of these a few years ago so that's what I will do again. On this basis I will write to you offline now John

Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2014 :  15:40:02  Show Profile
A little tip: Don't post a low value (under £20) small parcel weighing less than 1kg First Class (which as Graham says, costs £3.00). Buy four NVI (non value indicator) 60p First Class stamps plus one 20p stamp and send it Second Class (at the tariff Chris suggests) for £2.60. Always ask for proof of posting. The counter clerk will chuck the package in the second class bag behind the counter but when it gets to good old Postman Pat he will think it is a First Class item (because of the first class stamps on the package) and it will invariably arrive at its destination the next day after posting.

The £2.60 or £3.00 is a bit of a 'rip off' because you can post an item weighing up to 250gm to Mainland Europe for £3.50, or to the Rest of the World for £4.50, except for OZ/NZ which costs £4.70.

I'll post John's package on Monday and if Chris is agreeable I can send one PayPal invoice to John if he lets me know the cost of his parts plus postage. I can then re-imburse Chris with a good old-fashioned cheque (or 'check' in John's lingo)
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  19:01:01  Show Profile
thanks for the offer John J, sounds fine to me ... just waiting for John L to get back to me re parts offered.

Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3259 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  19:09:31  Show Profile
I have made a throttle pedal stop for John in payment for some work he will be doing for me. I will post it to him, but I'm sure he will be glad to receive the other items.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000