Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG Silverstone race meeting - Now on March 29 2014
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2013 :  14:53:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by spitfire

Am I wrong, but doesn't the main body of the Car Club provide this website?
In that respect MMM cars are front of the grid.
I find it strange that the very cars that started Cecil's Car Club, aren't the pick of the crop for everyone.
Fred has promoted the chance to get out there for the club.
Maybe some are sceptical (or cynical) that the old stuff can still hack it, as a grid?
In my book, it only needs Foz and a couple of others, to make it worth the trip.
I hope it all falls together, and you show why the first cars were/are the best.

Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2013 :  07:02:46  Show Profile
My apologies; I should have mentioned something about the cost - I was told that the entry fee was likely to be £250 - but this of course is not ' set in stone' , so please don't demand the difference from me if it is more than that !
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2013 :  11:50:51  Show Profile
I'm pleased to confirm that Fred's indication of the entry cost is about right - in fact it may possibly be a bob or two less than this!

The current situation is that the main Club has agreed terms with the circuit and an outline race programme for the day is taking shape.

VSCC have agreed to be an 'invited club' for our race and they will be publicising it through their channels in order to attract a decent number of comparable (small-engined) pre-war cars to come out to play with the Triple-Ms. It will also be a good shake-down event before the VSCC Spring Start race meeting two weeks later.

Thanks to all who have already indicated to Fred Boothby that they are interested in taking part. Anyone who has yet to do so is welcome to add their name the the list - in fact, the more the merrier! You can contact Fred or me to record your interest.

Best wishes
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2013 :  17:50:34  Show Profile
Hope we get a dedicated area in the paddock for MMM/VSCC cars........and if the idea is repeated for MG 90 we can have the space where stunt motorcycles USED TO BE!!!??? more appropriate for a Moto GP event than MG Car Club. I started on bikes and still like them but dont go to MG Silverstone to see them.
Foz
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2013 :  07:28:46  Show Profile
I would try to get up there just as soon as Silverstone allow us - obviously on the Friday pm , with me large roll of red tape (!) and as many bollards as I can acquire . Obviously a dedicated paddock area will be allocated on the car parking plan , but , as with previous MG Live events , there are no marshals to 'police' this and nobody seems to care . I will see if the well-known MMM PR representative will be coming .
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2013 :  07:46:02  Show Profile
I'm sure the PR man will do just the job you want Fred with desired results.)))
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2013 :  11:31:38  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Right, here's the latest situation:

The Club has been able to negotiate an improved deal with the circuit and this event has now been confirmed and booked.

It will now be on Saturday 29th March and racing will be on the National circuit. The VSCC will be an invited Club for the purposes of 'our race', so racers who are members of either (or both!) MGCC or VSCC will have the opportunity to take part. The VSCC will be encouraging pre-war cars of an appropriate type (i.e not ERAs and the like) to participate.

Pricing (which I hope will be more favourable) and entry details will be confirmed very shortly, but the main purpose if this message is to let you all know that IT'S ON!

As before, please would all interested parties kindly confirm their intentions either to Fred Boothby or to me? We'd like to get the maximum number out for this event - it'll be a good 'shakedown' for the season....

Thanks!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 05/12/2013 11:35:35
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2013 :  11:37:46  Show Profile
Great News Dick

Cant wait!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2013 :  13:19:01  Show Profile
Rather be passed by an ERA than a "hot rod T type"!!))
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
365 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  18:47:49  Show Profile
There has been complete silence from our Continental friends over this race meeting - will anyone be coming over to compete from Holland ? Or Belgium ? Or Germany ? Even our French allies will be most welcome ! Or are you all saving yourselves for the Big One at MG90 ?
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  19:23:37  Show Profile
Hi Fred,

Thijs is still contemplating ... And contemplating ... And contemplating ... I'm guessing that means you can count the Orange Clog in!

Cheers,
Cat
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  19:29:26  Show Profile
That'd be great Cat!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  19:58:05  Show Profile
Good news Cat, tell the Orange Speedster it is not optional!!

Very positive responses still coming in! Anymore sleeping racers out there?

I ve just been given a batch of Speckled Hen, donation to the cause..so that is the post race re hydration sorted!!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
773 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2013 :  23:06:47  Show Profile
Mark,
wrong bird on the bottle....Roadrunner Ales....?
though a very nice Aussie Chiraz is called Red Rooster....
Foz
Go to Top of Page

Keith Nelson

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2013 :  17:04:22  Show Profile
Hi Foz
Was shopping in Waitrose today and saw some F'Oz wine. Apparently a hefty red from Portugal!!
Regards
Keith

ON
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000