Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New MGCC motorsport website launched
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2013 :  21:17:49  Show Profile
I thought you might like to know that the MGCC has launched a website covering its motorsport activities.

See http://www.mgcc.co.uk/motorsport/

Although Triple-M is not mentioned we have a slot at the race meeting on Sat 29th March.

The provisional date for MG90 Silverstone is Saturday/Sunday 21/22 June.

There is also the VSCC Spring Start race meeting - also at Silverstone on 12 & 13 April

Curborough on 4 May

Wiscombe on 11 May

Harewood Hill Climb on 8 June

and much more - see http://www.vscc.co.uk/page/events

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 18/12/2013 09:33:37

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  08:34:27  Show Profile
"Although Triple M is not mentioned".... says it all really!! Not really receiving backing from the club chairman and T Register who are keen to see MMM racers on the grid as you said in the Silverstone 2014 topic is it.???,Oliver
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  08:44:10  Show Profile
Now then Oliver ... steady on ...

The website, authored by Steve Carr, has only just gone up and I can assure you and everyone there IS positive support for Triple-M participation from the Club at the highest level.

We have a race - well, two in fact.

The Club has majored on mentioning the specific and established championships that relate to other models because these are live championships.

What WE are trying to do is breathe fresh life into all this by creating the right environment so that Triple-M racers can have a fresh opportunity to participate!

Regards
Dick

Edited by - DickMorbey on 16/12/2013 08:45:18
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  10:27:20  Show Profile
We have an opportunity to have some fun next year and show the MGCC we are still very much an active part of the racing community. So far as Dick says we have had a really positive response from Triple M members and the MGCC.

Long way to go so we just need to stay positive and get behind the effort, spread the word and encourage as many as poss to join in. Still a number out there we have been unable to contact who might well want to be on the grid in 2014.

Dick, I m happy to provide some words, maybe we can get to the front of the news items on the website whilst it new. Just detailing our intent?

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  10:35:40  Show Profile
Hey at least they have used a triple M image on the website! Thats a start!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  14:44:38  Show Profile
Perhaps we protest a bit to much. When the main club sorts classes within their championships for us (which we can enter for the price of a half decent bottle of red), what do we do - sadly ignore them.........

Sometimes I think we get what we deserve.

Mini rant over........

JH

(couldn't spell "perhaps" he first time!)

Edited by - JMH on 16/12/2013 14:52:49
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  18:52:07  Show Profile
I am a little confused. Who is running the Silverstone event on March 29th. There is no mention of it on either of the MGCC sites.

Must have missed something.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  19:32:32  Show Profile
Hello Peter,

The March 29 event is very much an MGCC race meeting.

You may need to drill down from the race website front page to find the race calendar and other pertinent details, but it is all there!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Nr. Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2013 :  20:44:17  Show Profile
Dick

You are right - of course. Thank you. But you do have to dig. If you look at the "MGs on Track 2014 Calendar", the meeting is not there. Nor is it on the "Events Calendar, MG Calendar". If you have the will to try yet again and dig deeper you will eventually find "2014 race meeting dates" and the event appears on that page.

Phew

Peter

Edited by - Peter Scott on 16/12/2013 20:45:31
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2013 :  09:42:44  Show Profile
Hello folks

Regarding the impenetrability of the website - I think my original posting linked you to the MGCC press release about the launch of the motorsport site.

The site itself is at http://www.mgcc.co.uk/motorsport/

Does that help?

Regards
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2013 :  09:58:39  Show Profile
It does help Dick.

But why does not the event appear in the other two calendars? You would particulalry expect to find it under a title such as 'MGs on Track 2014'.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2013 :  20:04:04  Show Profile

"MGs on Track 2014 Calendar"

This the calender for the branch of the club which organises track experience days NOT racing. Confusing but this the name the group used before it became part of the MGCC.

George

Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2013 :  19:41:29  Show Profile
George

Thanks for the explanation. However, as you say, it does lead to a confusing situation for visitors to the club website.

Peter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000