Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Insurance
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinH

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  15:24:12  Show Profile
I'm looking for recommendations for MMM insurance.

My renewal for the blown PA has just arrived at £250 for a 35k agreed value, which I think is expensive

Thanks,

Kevin

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6119 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  15:43:13  Show Profile
Kevin

I have found Hagerty to be very competitive. My premium is £165 for an agreed value of 40K and annual mileage of 3000.

Edit: www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk

Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 09/01/2014 15:44:30
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  16:11:09  Show Profile
Yes I use Hagerty. If you have more than one classic you can insure them together. If your friends are insured with Hagerty then they are covered for your cars too.I find this useful. They include foreign travel recovery and most VSCC type rallies etc.
When squirrels ate the PB seats ( what a mess! ) they paid up the £1100 repair bill within a week. They only insure classics.
I have no connection with the Company other than being a very satisfied customer.
( PB/s and MGA ,combined valued at £57000 cost £192 )
Graham

Edited by - graham holdsworth on 09/01/2014 16:17:35
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  16:11:32  Show Profile
I have the three MG's with values ranging from £25K to £73K with Routen Chaplin (cashing in my VSCC membership) none is over £130pa for up to 1500 miles, £350 excess and agreed value.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

george

United Kingdom
862 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  16:24:58  Show Profile
My N is covered by Adrian Flux for £90 with 1500 annual mileage
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  17:42:37  Show Profile
I also use Hagerty for both the L2 and BV8, I have found them to be competitive and very helpful, the annual mileage I have is 3000.

They are also very good on valuations, in my case something like 6 photos including one of the milometer.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 09/01/2014 17:46:04
Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
691 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  19:01:38  Show Profile
I have used RH for my insurance for a number of years and been very satisfied. I have never had to make a claim but I particularly like how they treat ownership after a major accident in that you get the agreed value payout and retain the remains of the car. This for me is a critical area I would look at on any policy I was considering.

Gordon
ex owner of PB 0331, MG4473
Derby
Go to Top of Page

KevinH

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  22:46:20  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions & advice.

I'm now insured through Routen Chaplin's VSCC scheme for £110. They were very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2014 :  16:17:39  Show Profile
I endorse Kevin's comment about Routen Chaplin

RH (part of the Willis Group) quoted me £177 on renewal. Insurer: Equity Red Star. Policy excess: £50
Hagerty quoted £141 Insurer: Hiscox Policy excess £200
Routen Chaplin £112 Insurer: KGM Motor Insurance Policy excess £150

All three are for a mileage of 3,000 pa

RH and Hagerty's quotations include Legal expenses and breakdown cover.
RH cover includes timed regularity events on the public road; Hagerty does not.

Routen Chaplin (VSCC's brokers) deliberately exclude breakdown cover (suits me fine as I am an RAC member) but they do (importantly) include regularity/timed events on the public road. They (like Hagerty) are also flexible regarding salvage.

Like Hagerty, Routen Chaplin don't require a formal valuation and are happy to rely on 6 photographs as an indication of condition. RC also give freedom to use whichever repairer you wish, including DIY.

As always you pays yer money and takes yer choice!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 27/01/2014 16:33:40
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  17:51:44  Show Profile
Dick stated that "RH cover includes timed regularity events on the public road; Hagerty does not".

Hagerty do in fact cover vehicles in regularity timed rallies when the entire rally takes place on the public highway and is governed by the Road Traffic Act. They are happy to provide any participant with an endorsement to this effect as follows:

"We agree to extend your policy to include cover while you are participating in the regular road sections of the above rally. We will only provide this cover if such rally is organised under the rules and regulations of the Motor Sports Association (MSA) and by a recognised classic car/bike rally or tour operator or club but not those under Closed Circuit Rules and Regulations of Federation Internationale de L'Automobile.

We will not cover you against any loss, damage or liability while participating on private roads, circuits or closed sections of the rally.

The excess for which you are responsible as the first part of each agreed claim as shown in the schedule is increased by £500 whilst you are participating in the above rally.

General exclusion 8 of your policy does not apply to the above rally".

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000