Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Racing equipment - warning.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2014 :  09:56:31  Show Profile
A warning for all competitors in both circuit racing and speed events ( not only those who have expressed an interest in competing at MGCC Silverstone on 29th March ) . One of our number , whilst in the Doctors waiting room , browsed through Motor Racing News and came across the fact that helmets with the marking BS 6658/85 A/FR are no longer acceptable for motor sport . Furthermore , helmets marked Snell SA2000 and Snell M2000 will expire at the end of 2014 . So please have a look at yours and don't turn up at Scrutineering on the 29th March pleading ignorance !

Dow

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2014 :  11:26:48  Show Profile
Relevant pages of 2014 Blue Book.
Pages 168 and 174
BS6658-85 Type A/FR looks to me to be accepted for 2 more years. Please check to make sure I haven't read this wrongly. Nothing worse than being sent home by the Scrutes.
Any thought from others welcomed.

Regards
David D

Edited by - Dow on 14/01/2014 11:33:10
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2014 :  14:09:43  Show Profile
It looks as though David Downes is right (again , blast it ! ) and Motor Racing News is wrong . Obviously the Blue Book is the 'Bible' so we can brandish it at the scrutineers if anyone is rejected . Scare over and money saved - which can now be spent on the entry fee .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000