Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 DVLA, tax and insurance
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jonathan Elliott

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  12:01:10  Show Profile
With my PA rebuild finally about to turn a wheel again thoughts turn to taxing and insuring the car. The car has been rebuilt from many boxes of bits and I have manged to retain the original registration number. When the new log book came through from DVLA the date of first registration is stated as 15/03/2012. I'm assuming that when I come to tax it this will potentially cause problems at the post office. So is it as simple as writing to DVLA and getting them to change this, have other people had similar problems.
Many thanks
Jonathan

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  14:22:29  Show Profile
Jonathan
The critical information for the Post Office ( if that is here you intend taxing the car ) is the Taxation Class. The PO is not interested in date of first registration. Both my BSA Bantam and MGB have registration dates to which refer to when they appeared on the DVLA Computer system not the actual date on the old log book.
Found on the second page of a V5c below Body type is a line "Taxation Class". For a PA this should read "Historic Vehicle". If not you will have to send it back to the DVLA to be changed. The PO cannot change the Taxation Class only the DVLA can do this. Also if you do not have the optional MOT (advisable) you will need to do complete a form V112 stating the car doe snot need an MOT.
George
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000