Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Invitaton to Pre-War Prescott 2014
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2014 :  23:00:01  Show Profile
Guys,

It's that time again to start thinking about Prescott, balmy temperastures and cloudless skies. I know - not easy right now.

But entries are open and we are already about 25 cars ahead of where we were at this point last year (and 5 MMM already booked in), and last year was a virtual sell-out on the hill, so please take this as your formal and very warm invitation to Pre-War Prescott on Saturday 19th July this year.

As last year, you can enter online atwww.prewarprescott.com, and you can also download an entry form there and post it off to Frank Ashley - your choice.

We have some surprises up our sleeves for this year, but I can reveal that Mike Dowley and his rag jazz band will be the star turn at the BBQ, which may help you make up your mind - either way!

Looking forward to meeting everyone again and another bumper MMM gathering, and don't forget you are also all welcome to enter the nav rally or scenic tour on Sunday. Any questions please just ask here or e-mail me at vintageminor-at-gmail.com.

Cheers,

Ian

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  23:29:47  Show Profile
Quick update. David Kempton entered his J3 today and noted that he had problems with the online entry form. These have now been fixed by my website geek. Has anyone else has had problems entering?

MMM entries so far include 2 M Types, two blown J2's, J3, K1, KN.

Another noteable entry is Annabelle Swain, daughter of Barbara Skinner who is entering an OHC Morris Minor roadster that she brought back from Australia a few years back when she repatriated to the UK, but now lives in France. She tells me that Peter Shinner's son and other Skinner family members are also planning to attend and so a bit of an SU happening is in the works, since SU Carbs is sponsoring us again this year and bring their Skinner Special or course.

Edited by - Ian Grace on 01/04/2014 23:31:13
Go to Top of Page

Blithe Spirit

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  09:26:30  Show Profile
Hi Ian,
Thank you for fixing the "cart" ordering issues. It seems to be working ok now; as you said to me, entrants can now ignore the "checkout" pop up and go back to "shop" to order another item, or increase the quantity. I am looking forward to this event, which I normally ignore due to its proximity to VSCC Prescott. However, I will miss the latter this year as I am helping prepare the Peterborough venue for VSCC 80th celebrations the following week. Any VSCC members should be aware of events on offer around Peterborough on 4th to 9th August. Please consider entering this VSCC 80th if you can, as past experience has shown these anniversary events to be great fun, and suited to our sort of cars. What about the Versatility (driving tests + rally + trial) or Autosolo, or one of the more relaxed Tours? The week concludes on the Saturday with a major show on the Showground with many pre-1960 clubs invited, plus side shows, and open to the public. I know Triple M committee is intending to support this.
Regards,
David
J3768
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  17:35:21  Show Profile
Thanks David - your entry received with no problems.

I wish I could make the VSCC 80th - have entered previous VSCC anniversary events (once in a 1924 Unic!), but Seattle location precludes - we'll be returning to the States at the end of July.

See you at Prescott.

Ian
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2014 :  23:24:35  Show Profile
Over the weekend we worked to completely rebuild and update the Pre-War Prescott website (www.prewarprescott.com) which should - hopefully - resolve any remaining issues with online entry. If anyone does have any further difficulties, please let me know and I will get the WD40 out!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2014 :  21:58:42  Show Profile
With just over two months to go, a quick update on MMM entries. At this point we have 16 MMM booked in - C, M (5), D (2), F1, NA, J2 (3), J3, K1, KN, PA (2) - 18 and counting.

Entries are running well ahead of this time last year, and we've already allocated 256 climbs, so if you are considering entering, don't wait too long - go to www.prewarprescott.com to enter.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2014 :  22:56:06  Show Profile
Yes I know - my maths isn't all that it could be! Make that 19 now, as Jeremy Hawke has just entered K3007!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2014 :  18:10:21  Show Profile
Thought it might be interesting to list the MMM entries received so far, so I hope for formating works as I copy this from Excel!

1 MG 770 MG M Type Peter Smith
2 ELF 409 MG KN saloon Peter Prosser
3 JF 2578 1933 MG J2 s/c Gilbert Collins
4 DO-FG86H MG J2 s/c Christian Höptner
5 ALA 871 1933 MG K1 Magnette Christopher and Kate Hobbs
6 YG 4293 1933 MG J3 David Kempton
7 AER 393 1934 MG PA Mike Wevill
8 MG 2187 1933 MG J2 John McClelland
9 KW 7956 MG M Type 12/12 rep. Nigel Stroud
10 DPC 954 1934 MG NA Graham Finch
11 OG 2438 1930 MG M Type David Hinds
12 CPD 940 1935 MG PA Graham Williams
13 DG 5405 MG K3007 Jeremy Hawke
14 PO 5751 1931 MG D Type Ted Hack
15 CYE 387 1934 MG PA Barnaby Creaser
16 RM 9658 1932 MG J2 Tony Smith
17 PG 1045 1929 MG M Type Frank Ashley
18 BFY 711 1935 MG PA Richard Holl
19 MG C Type Mike Dowley

Any other entries on the way?
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2014 :  17:04:52  Show Profile
Four more to add:

DPB 140 1935 MG PA Graham Arrondelle
OY 1548 1932 MG M Type John Haine
MG 1930 1930 MG M Type Derek Chatto
CG 3949 1930 MG M Type Sportsman's Coupe Roger Burnett

Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2014 :  21:59:36  Show Profile
A quick update with a couple of MMM news snippets. Just heard from Christian Höptner over in Dortmund. His blown-up blower on J2330 is now repaired and he's about to check it out, so should be with us on the day after all, much to his relief. Also, Peter Street has entered his Australian GP J2 J4211. Looks like an interesting car.

Tickets for all who have entered so far went in the post from Seattle yesterday - give them about a week to arrive. I'll be posting another batch next Monday, so this weekend would be a good time to enetr if you have not yet done so.

Since the last report, entries received from Terry Holden (J2), Michael Sproule (PA), Bill Bradfored (PA), and Peter Street. Mike Dowley reports that he is NOT bringing his C Type - he sold it, so he'll be looking for lifts up the hill! Finally, Roger Burnett (M Sportsman's coupe) reports that he has secured insurance through Hagerty. He is an ex-Pat Brit and US citizen now living in Spain, so it got complicated!

Ian
www.prewarprescott.com

Edited by - Ian Grace on 02/07/2014 22:00:34
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2014 :  17:53:27  Show Profile
Late breaking news! I heard yesterday from SU that this year, they are bringing BOTH of the Minor-based Skinner Specials to Pre-War Prescott - the now-familiar Triangle Skinner Special (based on the original 'Red Minor') and also the White Minor which David Baldock has been working on heroically for many years, including recreating the original blown engine from scratch. This will be the first time these two historic hillclimb specials have been together since the War.

We're also expecting Annabelle Swain (Barbara Skinner's daughter), Richard Skinner and several other family members and also those who were associated with the White Minor throughout its long and active life, as well as Mike Harvey who is about to publish his new book on the history of SU. More on all of this at www.prewarprescott.com

Edited by - Ian Grace on 09/07/2014 17:54:23
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  00:10:13  Show Profile
Saturday at Prescott was very wet! Most people arrived soaked through from early downpours but spirits got higher during the day and some good runs up the hill were had between ongoing periods of rain.
Christian Hoptner over from Germany with his blown J2 certainly made the best of things and must have won the award for the most runs up the hill quite a few with my wife as passenger - brave girl!
Thanks to Ian and all the organisers- a brilliant day despite the weather.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2014 :  20:09:41  Show Profile
Ian Grace can only be congratulated for an excellent event - Thank you very much. Not to forget to Thank his helpers and marshalls - in particular John, in charge at the paddock gate, who was so kind to hold his umbrella over me every time I had to wait at his place!!!

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2014 :  18:05:13  Show Profile
What a difference a week makes, as we melt again in the w/e sun! If anyone other than Terry was brave enough to take photos during/inbetween the downpours last Saturday, I'd appreciate any good ones for possible inclusion in next months SF notes.

Thanks in advance,

JH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000