Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J 2279
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2014 :  15:14:26  Show Profile
I have owned this J2 in a dismantled state since the late 70's It was sold by C H Truman &Co Ltd of Mansfield Road, Nottingham with engine number 836 AJ.The first owner was William Kelley of Stapleford, Notts. Colour was red. It was delivered on 12/10 32.
There is some correspondence on the file in 1936 with a A.M Butler of Winsholme. Kimberley Road, Nuthall, Notts but nothing else is known. I have never known the original registration number - it has a modern replacement number allocated to it now. I would love to find out its original number but understand the records no longer exist.
If anyone has any information would be very glad to hear.

TH

BobRichards RIP

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2014 :  15:40:28  Show Profile
Terry,

In the 1960s I owned a Nottingham registered cycle wing J2 that I think was probably supplied by C.H. Truman. This was J2257, registered as TV7154, according to the registration document copy that I still have, on 12-10-32, the same date that you mention.

My brother-in-law owns J3569. a swept wing J2 that was definitely supplied by Truman, presumably in 1933. This one is TV9223.

Although this does not give you the exact registration of your car, I suggest that it must be very close to TV7154.

As a sequel, I well remember passing Truman's very frequently as a schoolboy in Nottingham. The highlight was the sight of a C-type in the showroom. C. H. Truman was a then Jaguar dealer!
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2014 :  18:30:39  Show Profile
Thanks for the response Bob, that is very interesting. So a TV number it is and presumably very close to 7154. I will have to do some more digging around and double check regarding the records.

TH
Go to Top of Page

George Wilder

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2014 :  17:32:01  Show Profile
The Kithead Trust has a card index for Nottingham County Borough - The TV index was used by NBC.

The Kithead Trust http://www.kitheadtrust.org.uk/index.html

George
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000