Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 ENV Manual gearbox parts wanted
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  19:19:33  Show Profile
Following misfortune at the VSCC race meeting last weekend, I am in need of some ENV manual gearbox parts. It would appear that the mainshaft thrust washer broke up and circulated ( at speed ) through third gear . So now I need a thrust washer ( as pattern , to have some made ) and both cogs of third gear . So if anyone has worn and noisy gears that they have put on the shelf after a rebuild and would now sell , I would be delighted to hear of it - any gears would be better than mine ! The worst gear - on the layshaft - is part number G1667 TEI and has 28 teeth .

rossk

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  19:21:20  Show Profile
Fred if you don't find any and have samples the gear cutter we use should be able to make some for you.

Ross Keeling
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  20:28:14  Show Profile
Ross, many thanks for your rapid response. I am sure that is the way to go , but I am trying to get the thing back into running order for the VSCC race meeting at Donington on the 19th of this month - so a rapid fix is needed .
Go to Top of Page

John Hunting

Australia
88 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  01:35:24  Show Profile
Hi Fred , I think I have a complete set of ENV F type gears , John
Go to Top of Page

Fred Boothby

United Kingdom
364 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  18:22:43  Show Profile
Well, that sounds good news . Too late to install before Donington Race meeting ( but I think I have found a gear slightly better than mine ) but probably ideal for the winter rebuild before next season . I suppose we must now talk about a price ? Yours Fred Boothby
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000