Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 gearbox lost by UPS!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2014 :  13:49:08  Show Profile
Indeed good advice, Bob. And in fact our first attempt at shipping the gearbox was with DHL and with them part of the weighbill is put into the crate before the lid is screwed down. But then they decided that they wouldn't accept it as it hadn't been steam cleaned! Oddly, UPS didn't require any paperwork in the crate and it never crossed our minds that it made sense to do so. Once bitten, twice shy, eh?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2014 :  14:24:00  Show Profile
The same thing, ie address inside the object, is a good idea for aircraft luggage. Once the barcode outside the suitcase is lost then there is now way of knowing whence it came and wither it was going. An internal identifier can at least identify to whom it belongs.

PB 0527
Go to Top of Page

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2014 :  21:35:40  Show Profile
Great news that you've found where it came to rest.
I have had a couple of near misses, where drivers have dropped at wrong addresses etc.
I NEVER trust labels and always write the address in marker pen on the packaging as a back up, plus my e mail address.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000