Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 September Safety Fast
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2014 :  17:44:32  Show Profile
Well, I really don't quite know how I did it.......but instead of sending off the September notes, I managed to send off the August ones for the second time! So dear readers, please accept my humblest apologies & here is what you should have read today when SF dropped through your letter box (because you are all members aren't you).

Register Safety Fast Scribe:
Jeremy Hawke mgk3007@supanet.com +44 (0)1225 863934
www.triple-mregister.org

Pre War Prescott

What a difference a month makes! After the glorious weather of Silverstone the weather returned to “typical British Summer” for the Vintage Minor Register annual bash at Prescott, to which MMMs are always welcome. The D Type group were the most popular people in the paddock as they had brought along their mini-marquee & boy was it needed. I was wet through just unloading the trailer (before you all cry “wimp” I took along the K3, not the J2, so had to use the trailer). We had torrential downpours, thunder, the lot, in the morning, but it perked up a bit in the afternoon & the MMM attendees, which included rarities such as an M Type “Sportsmans’ Coupe” thoroughly enjoyed themselves ascending the hill (I think). Few were brave enough to get their cameras out in the conditions, so the attached photo of your very wet scribe is from the event organisers (pic 1 - Wet car & Wetter owner; K3007 at Pre War Prescott, photo from pre-war prescott).

MMM Summer Gathering

Due to bad planning, I missed the Registers annual Summer gathering, hosted as always by “Team Green” at Farnham Royal. Next months bumper offering will include a selection of photos and write-up.

Mendip Trial

This MGCC SW Centre event is perfectly suitable for “our cars” as it is held on a sloping grass hill, with none of the potentially damaging hazards found on some Trials. MMM entrants this year were restricted to myself in the J2 & the Wards in the P Type. After a early morning soaking (again) the weather improved throughout the day & a good days fun was had by both (pic 2 – Mendip Trial; The MMM entry) – why not give it a try next year?

JH

Edited by - JMH on 29/08/2014 17:45:27

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2014 :  18:36:53  Show Profile
Hi Jeremy

Never mind - it happens to all of us at times.

It just makes an old codger happy to know that the younger generation do suffer from the odd relapse!

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000