Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Abbey MGNA
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

rodm

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  12:45:40  Show Profile
Hi Gerhard
I well rembember our meeting at Silverstone, where you brought your beautiful white ND. What has happened to the time!

Re the "special" engine, I believe that the Abbey bodied cars were fitted with the NE manifold and 11/4 carbs instead of the usual 1 1/8 carbs.

I don't know about the camshaft, but I suppose that could also have been NE timing.

Unfortunately the original engine was missing from my car when I got it and NA 0780 has a 3 carb manifold (K?)
I may be able to contact the owner of NA0696 and we may be able to learn more
Best wishes
Rod
Go to Top of Page

mgrog

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  13:16:48  Show Profile
I have been in contact with the owner of NA 0696 and have current pictures (Rod, I will contact you off line about this). That car has a two carb set up.
Rod, your observation is interesting. Tom (Metcalf) and I had figured that the three carb set up on mine (NA 0780) was put on later, but perhaps the car originally came with the K set up. Tom has the car now, and I will contact him to find the engine number and other details.
Another detail that I am trying to decifer on mine is the dashboard. Mine has been completely altered with modern (50's) gauges. The rev counter may be original with a newer face, to be determined. So, the layout that Abbey used will be a challenge, and also the gauges, as Tom thinks that my high number (0780) indicates that this was made when the works had converted to NB's.
I thank all of you for your help so far, especially Rod. I was fairly sure that I was going to pass this car to someone else to bring it back, but with the information, history and offers of help that I have received, I am enthusuastic about saving and preserving this very special car. Tom Metcalf has done two cars for me (PA, TC) and both are stunning and most important, accurate. I will work with him on 0696.
Looking forward to more comments and help. Much appreciated and needed.

Roger
Go to Top of Page

mgrog

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  13:19:53  Show Profile
Ooops! Sorry guys, I said I would be working on 0696. I meant 0780, which is my car.
I will leave 0696 to someone else!

Roger
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  13:54:02  Show Profile
Roger
Please see the reply from James Collingburn now on the Trader's forum
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page