Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The Mighty MG Magnettes of 1933
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  18:09:14  Show Profile
I note our Librarian Peter Hemmings has posted a notice about stocking the new book written by Graeme Cocks.

I have today received the latest issue of Classic & Sports Car magazine - the book has received a very good review and was voted Book of the Month.

I have bought one of the 150 limited edition issues, the book is a very nice addition to my library.

George
L2023

Edited by - DickMorbey on 05/11/2014 10:29:12

MG Perth

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  06:00:16  Show Profile
Thanks for mentioning my book George. It has been very pleasing to receive lots of positive feedback already. Just to let everyone know that the limited edition (numbered, leather bound with slipcase) premium copies with the low numbers starting at K3001 to K3030 are here in Australia. If anyone would like to purchase one of these numbers they can get onto our website at www.motoringpast.com.au. I thought some K3 owners would like a book matching their chassis number so I have held these numbers back.
Most importantly, I'd like to thank everyone from the club who has generously assisted me with the research for the book.

Graeme
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  08:47:53  Show Profile
The Register Library has copies of the 'standard' edition of this impressive publication for sale (UK and Europe only) at £70 plus P&P. Details at http://www.triple-mshop.org/products-page/books/

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  19:00:38  Show Profile
Our librarian Peter Hemmings has asked me to mention that he will be selling the ordinary edition which is priced at £70, and not the limited edition which author Graeme mentions in his posting earlier to-day.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2014 :  13:58:58  Show Profile
Santa brought me this for Christmas. A beautifully produced book.
If anyones contemplating getting it, I can highly recommend it.
Congratulations Greame Cox.

Graham
p.s. bought from the MMM shop!

Edited by - graham holdsworth on 26/12/2014 14:01:05
Go to Top of Page

MG Perth

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2014 :  23:44:35  Show Profile
Hi Graham
Thank you for your kind words. I have been absolutely delighted by the emails I have received from MG enthusiasts all over the world saying how much they have enjoyed reading the book and thanking me for writing it.
It makes it all worthwhile.
Merry Christmas and Happy Reading to all!
Graeme Cocks
Go to Top of Page

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2014 :  19:06:37  Show Profile
I would be interested to hear whether the coloured pictures used in the book are genuine or were they coloured afterwards.

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

MG Perth

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2014 :  23:00:12  Show Profile
Hi Christian
We coloured several of the pictures from the lead-up to the 1933 Mille Miglia and the race, the Ulster TT and two pictures of the two previous MM entries. The reason for this was that most MG enthusiasts have seen those particular pictures many times before and I thought it would add another dimension by colouring them (in the correct colours). We all complain when we see the same pictures in every book.
In the 1920s and 30s, photographic studios would hand colour photographs for customers. For example, I have several nice colour-tinted racing car photographs in my collection from the Lake Perkolilli race track here in Western Australia. They were done so the owner could hang a colour picture of his car on the wall. My next book is a centenary history of this track.

Regds
Graeme
Go to Top of Page

e3gogo

Japan
12 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2014 :  03:47:56  Show Profile
A few days ago, I arrived also to me.
Is heavy and likely to be rewarding.
I read slowly in the New Year.
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2014 :  21:58:02  Show Profile
Graeme
A wonderful addition to our MG libraries! I probably won't get to own the real thing, but it's wonderful to dream...at least I get to sit in K3006 in Peter Welch's collection here in Vancouver!

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2014 :  04:31:57  Show Profile
Jamie,

The book is available from North American sellers, so postage is less of an issue. I got mine from Tom Warth's Iconografix in Hudson, Wisconsin.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2014 :  06:29:31  Show Profile
Lew
I've already got it! I believe it was from Dalton Watson w/free shipping to my Blaine, WA PO box. It's so heavy I'm glad the shipping was free...

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Christian H

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2015 :  12:46:51  Show Profile
Today I came across this film on youtube of K3003 at the Ulter TT - thought this might be interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lAvf56DSw

Christian Hoeptner
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2015 :  14:02:49  Show Profile
Terrific stuff
....and here at 14miutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieo1zUwUe1s
This whole film is filled with famous MG history and drivers, including the famous Mille Miglia result.
Graham
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000