Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P-Type with some history for sale.
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2014 :  15:28:51  Show Profile
On Prewarcar.com a USA dealer, 'Vintage Only'. is offering a '34 P-Type with some recent and partial history and is of the opinion that the Triple M Registry (sic) can supply the rest.

Any opinions?

Bob. (who can't do links.)

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2014 :  17:46:45  Show Profile
Bob, I have asked the dealer for the car's ID

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2014 :  19:00:39  Show Profile
Just thinking....who should be entitled to know the info held by the Register?
It needs caution to avoid the suggestion that the Register is vetting a car.
It could be seen as a such if any statement from the Register is given.

Some info held comes without any physical verification at all.
The printed Register includes a disclaimer, but potential buyers will not necessarily see that, or pay any attention to it.

Tricky area, I feel. Or maybe it's just my cynical mindset?

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2014 :  19:59:15  Show Profile
My thoughts entirely, Brian.

Bob.
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2014 :  10:59:35  Show Profile
There is little we can do to prevent folk taking our name in vain, but anyone is welcome to enquire about a given car if we have the information. I suspect this is PA 2195, MMM 1594, but we have little on file other than a few names I could add to the list of owners. Often the best source of info is the current owner or his records, as often they will have done a bit of research but it is not always passed on to us.

As Brian suggests, we have not vetted every car on the Register, though we are trying to improve what we have. As cars come to our attention through re-registering or whatever we are asking for, as a minimum, photos of the chassis number on the dumb iron, engine block, guarantee plate if present and general pics.

Many cars were registered in the sixties with no checks at all and have not been heard of since; some occasionally pop up as folk reach retirement and decide to do something about that old MG they had as students! Unfortunately cars are not always what the owner thinks they are, but that just what we are trying to avoid!

I will now stand back and wait for a flood of emails depicting your chassis numbers and histories etc.!

Registrar, Triple M Register

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2014 :  22:17:10  Show Profile
I seem to have a touch of finger trouble when entering the last message, the correct chassis number is PA 2194, MMM number 1514...

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2014 :  04:45:55  Show Profile
Graham is correct. In addition it's worth mentioning that the Register does print and publish annually a limited number of copies of The Listing of Cars. This contains basic info about each car listed: Chassis number, engine number, name of most recently known custodian, date when data last changed and in some cases a brief annotation. So it's not exactly a State secret!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3237 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2014 :  09:31:25  Show Profile
Blimey - Dick you were off to a flying start this morning!

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2014 :  10:09:47  Show Profile
Could have been a late night from the previous day, I suppose !

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

NickSavage

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2015 :  13:06:50  Show Profile
I am a new member of the Forum and owned PA 2194 in the Sixties, having bought it from a Birmingham police officer in non-running but complete3 condition. It was black with grey wheels and full wings in my ownership.

I have bumped this thread to see whether anything else is known about this car - the PreWarCar listing has ceased and I do not have the link to the vendor.

Graham Arrondelle and Lew Palmer are searching out info for me at the moment.
Thanks for your help, Triple M members,
Nick S
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2015 :  16:20:17  Show Profile
Nick and Graham,
I have sent an email to you with the last known owner's contact details. However, that last known owner was from 1999.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

NickSavage

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2015 :  10:18:05  Show Profile
Information update on PA2194.
It is for sale at The Stable, Gladstone, New Jersey, for $54,000, price just reduced. The car had only two owners since coming to the USA in the early 1970s. This is an Executors sale, the previous owner having passed away.

I am 99.9% certain that this is UK reg AVB 762, which I owned from 1966 to 1972, a long-wing two-seater.

Unfortunately, during its sojourn in the US, it has lost its full-length wings, wing stays etc and its Sequoia wood dash. Now cycle wings. It has gained a water pump, stoneguards over the headlamps, new carpets and upholstery.

In view of all this, I am not making an offer, but I would like to thank Lew Palmer and Graham Arrondelle who have been very helpful while I was tracking the car down.
Thank you, Triple M forumists !
Nick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000