Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 Scale Model
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David R

United Kingdom
289 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2014 :  13:17:59  Show Profile
In this month's Railway Modeller (yes,I do have other hobbies!) there is a review of 4mm (OO gauge)scale model kits produced by an R Parker. These kits include a later 1933/34 J2. The kits are unpainted white metal but the photograph of a finished and painted model seems to show accurate detail.Apparently a kit can be built with or without hood. Price is £8.75 including postage and packing.

Mr Parker's address is 19 Oaklands,Malvern Wells,Worcestershire WR14 4JE

Usual disclaimers.

David
(J 3355 - a cycle wing model!)

Edited by - David R on 24/11/2014 13:20:45

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2014 :  10:51:19  Show Profile
The best metal model kits used to be Wills Finecast, there was a slab tank K3 in the range. I still have mine but the metal was very fragile.

I wonder what other hobbies our members indulge in? Our esteemed Chairman drives steam engines and I am building a one third scale traction engine as a change from the six Triple-M rebuilds I have completed over the years.

George
L2023

Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2014 :  14:24:16  Show Profile
Talking about steam engines. I have in my possession the steam engine parts that belonged to the late Michael Bird, it was from his widow Angela that I bought his dismantled J2 and shipped back to the UK from Cyprus. Angela is keen to sell the castings, she will be sending me a list of what is available and an estimate of the value. The castings were included with the J2 parts and are in my garage, here in Brighton. If anyone is interested please contact me first through here, then by email. Thanks Chris Dancey on behalf of A. Bird.

Chris ( J2353 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000