Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 VSCC Mallory Park Triple M Race
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2015 :  21:44:16  Show Profile
George

Yes the usual parking area is on the left on entering the site.

Missed your dynamo posting. A very strange sate of affairs. It is difficult to see how oil entered the dynamo from the bottom and even then it has to go a long way to get to the brushes/commutator where it could cause problems. Are you certain it has not come down from the usual source (VD)? I have just solved such a problem on my PA when I found that the oil was coming down the keyway not passed the lipseal.

Excuse me Mark for the thread drift, back to the subject of this thread. I look forward to seeing you,George, on Saturday even if you are in a modern! We will excuse you, as it is a very original BGT V8. Also I look forward to seeing Dick and any other Triple-M spectators. The competitors deserve some friendly faces to cheer them on. As Mark says above the race at the front of the pack will be very interesting as there are a number of rather fast cars.

Regards, Peter
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2015 :  11:49:48  Show Profile
Heading up tonight. I have my Gazebo and Tom Hardman has his double. So look forward to getting all the MMM brigade in one place! Right opposite the Drivers club too!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2015 :  22:02:29  Show Profile
Gill and I Will be coming on from the registers touring event in Lincolnshire. I will bring one of our banners to add to the general gaiety of the scene.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2015 :  07:48:43  Show Profile
Haven't been to a motor race for quite some time until yesterday at Mallory.

What a great race! Everybody looked to be trying hard. The cars sounded superb and the whole thing clearly impressed the commentator. Great to see plenty of new people taking up Triple M racing.

I was particularly impressed with the performances of Fred Boothby and Duncan Potter who both looked quick. Hardman looked smooth. Painter Snr. Put up a hell of a fight and was unlucky not to finish first but the Bellevue Spl. clearly had the superior grunt.

However, Painter Jnr. was stunningly quick and my jaw dropped when he got in front of Charles Jones after the first few laps. Having raced against Charles in the L type I know how quick he is, so to pass him was no mean feat. Having got in front, Painter Jnr gapped Chaz and was several seconds ahead of him at the end of the race. Watching this car/driver combo through Devils Elbow was awesome. I am guessing that there may be a karting background?

Highlights of the day for me were the Edwardian race and display - just fantastic.

Full marks!

Edited by - kimber on 23/08/2015 08:14:55
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2015 :  09:37:44  Show Profile
Just a brilliant day! Well done everyone, all finished....no other grid managed that. Clean racing, hard and respectful. Great cars and a wonderful group of people, everyone helping each other, we are very lucky!

roll on 2016,,,

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2015 :  09:39:13  Show Profile
2016 come back season Andrew?

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2015 :  17:07:57  Show Profile
Sounds great racing, just sorry we missed it

Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) and MG Motor (BTCC) and a big prewar MG fan, who would love to own one.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2015 :  18:41:26  Show Profile
Results

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2015 :  19:00:17  Show Profile
What a great day at a very good circuit for our cars.

I attach some photos, Fred Boothby, Duncan Potter, Mike Painter and Harry Painter were all driving really well. In the other non MG race Harry was well up with the really fast cars!

Tom seems to be looking for another gear!

All divers did the Triple-M Register really proud. Well done.

George.

Edited by - George Eagle on 23/08/2015 19:01:44
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2015 :  19:41:41  Show Profile
Thanks George, annoyed I forgot the go pro camera, loved the start and strangely being lapped by the quickies!!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  12:25:54  Show Profile
Some brilliant shots here. I ve asked Gary if we can have some for the bulletin etc

http://www.garyclarkephotography.com/Sports/VSCC-at-Mallory-Park-2015/

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Green

South Africa
363 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  12:28:13  Show Profile
Who is in no 152 ? Nice car.

Rod Green
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  12:29:35  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by Rodney Green

Who is in no 152 ? Nice car.

Duncan Potter C Type

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

Rodney Green

South Africa
363 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2015 :  12:36:31  Show Profile
Thanks Mark. My P project has no body. Duncan's looks purposeful and not too complex.

Rod Green
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2015 :  15:21:36  Show Profile
Great footage of our race. 35mins 30 secs in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duDZEpXhOdY

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page