Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Rocker shaft springs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  20:42:53  Show Profile

Does anyone have 4 rocker shaft springs please?

I need 4 of the smaller length ones for my f-type head to fit between the rockers and the spaces. I have some long ones which are about 1 1/4" uncompressed but these make the rockers too tight.

I am not sure what correct length the shorter ones should be, perhaps someone knows? Are these the same for the J-types too?

Chris Blood (D0407 & F0753)

LewPalmer

USA
3248 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  23:07:12  Show Profile
Chris,
Where on a rocker shaft did you find a spring? Although I have only worked on Js and Ps, these both use spacers, not springs.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2015 :  08:00:21  Show Profile
I was told by a very learned friend that originally all the M, D, J and F's all had a combination of springs and spacers ... but now for ease of assembly and possibly less wear just spacers tend to be used. However, I wish to assemble my F near to as it was. Below if the evidence and spring types I am after ...

Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2015 :  11:25:23  Show Profile
Chris, If you get stuck for these springs, there is a guy who advertises in the VSCC Bulletin who can make up any sized coil springs that you require. I have used him and his prices are very reasonable.

I would also guess that original springs must be laying around by the dozen, as many people these days use only spacers, carefully ground to fit with just a few thou clearance between them and their rockers.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

spatek

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  21:09:23  Show Profile
Chris I have some of those springs but if you want to stick to originality you should have F type rockers not J type as shown in the picture. I will be at Silverstone on the Saturday Terry W,
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  22:46:46  Show Profile
Hi Terry, I really would appreciate the springs please. The above photo is not of my engine ... as I don't have any springs.
I too will be at Silverstone on Saturday. I will send you my mobile offline

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000